Upoko tuatahi:

The beautiful Māori girl rushed through the doors of the Riverdale General Hospital; for she had heard news, that Fred Andrews had been shot. As she quickly jogged through the halls, she found her friends all huddled together in the waiting area, with Mr and Mrs Cooper and Mrs Lodge standing by. When Meihana Reedy arrived to Riverdale she became instant friends with the quartet and they quickly became a second family to her. Even the parents of the quartet. The first person to see her was none other than Archie Andrews himself. He immediately stood up at the sight of his friend as she barrelled into him, wrapping him in a tight embrace.

"Shit, Arch. When I heard what happened, I gassed it over here as fast as could, on foot may I add." Mace panted as she clung onto him. All she could hear was Archie's small whimpers as he hugged her closer. "It's gonna be ok, Arch. Your dad's one tough bastard. He's gonna get through this," she stated as she comforted the poor boy. A few seconds later, Archie let go of his best friend. Stepping back, Archie composed himself as he wiped away his tears. "Thanks Mace, you always know when to swear at the right to times," he said as he chuckled sadly at the girl in front of him.

She smiled back at him as she let a small chuckle leave her, "no worries, my breeve, let's go back to the others, aye." She said comfortingly as she guided him back to where their friends sat. By now the rest of the quartet were standing as they saw their two friends making their way to them. "Hey, guys." Mace said, looking at her friends. "Hey, Mace," the three said as they all went in for a group hug. "Mace, darling, what on earth are you wearing?" Mrs Cooper questioned as she looked the girl up and down.

Mace hadn't realised that she was only wearing a gray hoodie and black joggers, with bare feet and completely shivering to the bone. "Oh, uh, well, um, you see, I was to caught up with running all the way here when I heard about Fred, to notice what I was wearing." She said sheepishly. Mrs Cooper, just sighed and shook her head at the girl, then snapped to realisation, "wait a minute, you ran all the way here in the freezing weather. Mace, you could get sick!" Mace looked to the ground as she took the scolding.

"Sorry, Alice. I didn't intentionally mean to run in the cold. I just, I, I wasn't in the right state of mind at that moment. I just wanted to see if Fred was doing ok. Same with Archie." Mace said as she looked up to Mrs Cooper. Before Mrs Cooper could say anything else, Mr Cooper piped up, "it's ok kid, at least you're here." Mace nodded at him in gratitude. She then went and sat with the quartet.

After a few minutes passed Sheriff Keller showed up. Sheriff Keller had asked Archie if they could go talk somewhere in private, then Jughead and Mace jumped in asking if they could tag along to. Keller went to object, but Archie said it was fine. Now they were all currently sitting at a table as Archie described the guy who shot Fred. "He was maybe 5'10, 160 pounds or so," Archie said. "And he was wearing dark pants and a dark jacket?" Sheriff Keller said as Archie nodded his head, "anything on that jacket. A symbol or insignia?" He questioned.

This piqued Jughead to speak "you mean like a snake?" He insinuated. Archie piped up, "no, no, it was just a jacket. No snake." Mace looked at the males around her and shook her head as she let out a soft sigh. She completely zoned out of this whole conversation because she didn't want to think more on the matter, after all the person who was taking care of her had gotten shot and may or may not die.

Standing up from her chair, the three males looked at her, "I, uh, I'm gonna head home Arch. I need to get changed before I catch a cold. I'll see you later ok. Text me when you hear anything about your dad." Mace said as she gave the red head and saying her goodbyes to the rest of the people waiting in the hospital. Before anyone could say anything she was gone, already sprinting down the road towards the Andrews residence.
______________________________