Chapter 3 - Road To Recovery

Branch was awoken by whimpers. It was Poppy's. She was shaking and taking in her sleep. "Please. Let me go. Have mercy." She said in her sleep. Branch moved closer and brought her in for a hug. Her whimpers died down and she smiled in her sleep. Branch went back to sleep. Dawn broke and Poppy woke up. She sat up and noticed Branch's arms around her. Branch soon then woke up too. "Morning Branch. Thanks for... comforting me last night." She said. "What were you dreaming about?" He asked. "I was... getting eaten by a Bergen." She said. "Well come on, we haven't seen a Bergen in 17 years." Branch replied. He got up and started making Breakfast. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "I feel, so much better." Poppy said. "That's good to hear. Your fever has gone down." Branch said putting his hand on her forehead. "I think you're good to go home." He said. "Yay." She said before going to collect all her belongings. As she walked towards the lift. She was stopped by Branch. "Poppy wait!" He said. She turned around. "I just wanted to say... sorry. Had I just accepted your invite, you wouldn't have gotten sick. The last thing I want is anything bad to happen to you." He continued. Hearing those words made Poppy's heart skip a beat. She ran over to him and gave him a huge hug. "It's OK Branch. Thank you so much for taking care of me. You're a great nurse. Thank you again." She said in gratitude. Branch hugged her back and said "You're welcome Poppy. You're welcome."