Part 1

The rain poured down hitting the glass of my broken window but mostly coming into my room. I hear my pap exit the house so I know I'm safe. He's probably gone to but some whisky. I go and find my line and hooks. Me and my pap live right on the rivers edge. I go about half a mile down the river and  find a good spot so I cast my lines and wait. I caught nothing but a few trout probably because it was poring down. I pack up my lines and begin the walk back home. As soon as I step inside I am slapped across the face. My pap screams at me and asks me where I was. I can smell the whisky on his breath.. I begin to answer him when he sneers don't you lie boy, not to your pap. He begins to hit, kick and throw anything he could find at me all over whilst complaining about the people in the town and how the weather was always raining.

He stops after about a hour but what felt like an eternity. He goes into his room and slams his door closed. I check myself over in a little cracked mirror I own. I have a cut down the side of my face from where he hit me with a bottle. I have cuts down my legs and arms from when the glass shattered. I have bruises forming all over my body.I go out to the river to take a quick swim and clean myself up. I wash my face and try to get all the blood off me but it's no use it just doesn't want to come off. I figure I'll just go to sleep and try in the morning. I go to my room to sleep. I don't have a bed so I just sleep on the floor as normal. I don't mind though there is something  about  the dirt that I just love. As soon as I lie down I'm out.

-Next Day-

I wake up and pap has gone so I run out and head to Tom's house. Tom Sawyer is always up for an adventure and if one doesn't come to him he'll make one up or tell some random tales. As I reach Toms house I realize that he'll probably still be asleep. I climb a tree and one of the branches led into his room so I quietly lift up the window and slid into his house. I shake Tom in hopes to wake him up. He wakes up and loudly whispers Huck what the hell are you doing in my house. I just smirk and tell him that he needs to get up quickly I have something to show him. He jumps out of bed and rushes to get changed.

We walk downstairs and are about to leave his house when Toms Aunt Polly, says you boys weren't thinking about leaving were you not without eating breakfast and saying hello now were  you. We both say no and turn around and walk into his kitchen. We bid a hello to Aunt Polly. I call her that even though she ain't my Aunt because she acts like it. She continues cooking and says hello to us both her eyes not leaving the food she was a cooking. Me and Tom sit down and he begins to gobble up the food. He whispers in my ear for me to eat or bed tell Aunt Polly I wasn't eating no food. She always makes a fuss over me and tells me to eat even though I don't want to be eating all her food. I take the smallest bun and begin to chew it slowly. She finishes up cooking on the stove and places all the food she made on the table.

She sits across from me and begins to ask us all sorts of questions about what we're doing today. I look up to answer her because I been told recently that if someone is a talking to you it's polite to look them in the eye. She lets out a quiet scream and covers her mouth before saying, Huck what in the lords has happened to your face. I had forgot all about the gash on my face left by my father and their was probably some bruises to. I quickly look down and cover my face. She begins to fret all over me and I tell her multiple times I'm ok. I told her I had tripped and done it when I was fishin but I doubt she believed a word of it. Everyone in this town knows my father hurts me. She tells me to stand up and she looks me all over. She decides that I'm not in that bad of a shape and that I'll be fine.

We leave the house and I take Tom to a cave I found yesterday. He says that it's a perfect cave for pirates to hide treasure in or for a murderer to hid a body. I laugh and know he'll be thinking of a wild plan soon to catch some criminals that decide to use 'our' cave for them to hid their goods. It begins to get late so I leave and on the way home I find a ten cents.

As I get home my pap walks up to me. I can smell whisky on his breath. He asks if I have any money and I tell him ten cents so he tells me to give it to him and all will be ok. I hand over the money frustrated my pap would take my own money.