24: Your Baby's First Steps

Liam:

"Come here Aurora" you said sweetly, holding your arms out for your daughter. She stood and smiled at you. "Come on Ariel" Liam said beside you, and you turned and narrowed your eyes. Everyday, you and Liam competed to see who would walk first. You had done the same thing for who would sit up first and who would talk first. Liam won both times. Now you had Aurora was your dark horse, and you were really hoping to beat Liam. "Aurora, come on baby" you whispered. She smiled at you and flung her leg forward. Your eyes went wide as she took a step forward. Then another, and another. She stumbled towards you and you caught her in your arms. "Aurora!" you squealed, picking her up and spinning her around. "We won, we won!" you said. Liam smiled and kissed Aurora. "I'm happy to lose this one" he said, smiling at you.

Harry:

"Aspen will learn to walk on her own time" Harry reassured you. "Harry, she's four months behind Grayson and Eli" you said, holding her hands. You were trying to teach Aspen to walk but she never seemed to want to focus. "Y/N, we could devote all our attention to Eli and Grayson. Aspen hasn't had that luxury" Harry said, squatting in front of Aspen. "Go see daddy" you said, letting go of Aspen's hands. She held on to yours and you sighed. You pulled her back slightly, and held her on the floor. "Walk to daddy, come on baby girl" Harry said, and Aspen swung her leg towards him. "That's a step!" you said excitedly. "Go see daddy" you said, and Aspen took the next step, and you felt tears in your eyes. You let go of her hands and she took two more steps before Harry scooped her up. "Great job Aspen!" you cheered, rushing towards them and giving them both a kiss.

Niall:

You and Niall were relaxing and watching some tv while Rory played with some toys. He was walking around the table, holding the edge for support. "Eventually he'll be doing that without the table" Niall laughed. "Oh god, don't remind me" you smirked, resting your head on his shoulder. Almost as if on cue, Rory started grabbing for a toy on the end table. As you and Niall watched on, Rory pushed off the table and stumbled towards the end table. "He walked! He walked" you said, jumping up. Rory turned to you and stared. "Rory! You walked buddy!" Niall said, and you hugged Rory and pulled him up against your chest. "We have to put gates everywhere" you laughed, and Niall sighed. "Well worth it" he whispered before pulling you and Rory into a hug.

Zayn:

"If your Lori and you know it take a step" Zayn sang, and Lori just stared at him. "If you walk, we will get you a car for your sixteenth birthday" you said smiling. "I'm probably going to do that anyways" Zayn whispered, and you smacked his chest lightly. You were trying to get Lori to walk. You had tried dangling a cookie in front of her, tried hiding her toys around the house so she would hopefully walk to find them. Now, you two were resulting to some pretty desperate measures. "Lori, if you walk to mommy she will buy you a puppy" you said. "Puppy!" Lori squealed, crawling towards you. "Sweetie" you whined, running your fingers through her hair. "Well, maybe tomorrow" Zayn said, getting up. He went to walk away. "Daddy" Lori called. She shot up on her feet and started walking towards him. "Zayn!" you said excitedly, and he turned to catch the last step of Moxie's first walk. "Wow, Lor!" he said, scooping up Lori. "Lor! You're amazing" you said, kissing her face all over. You and Zayn called everyone, so proud of your little girl.

Louis:

"Laura, let's go" Louis said, pulling a baby around the floor by its hair.  Laura followed behind him whining. "Gimme" she whined, and you shook your head. "She is going to get you for this when you're old and decrepit and she's picking your old age home" you said, and Louis shrugged. "I have majority with Lily and Leo" he said, pulling the doll just out of Laura's reach. "You're cruel. Why did I have kids with you?" you asked, smirking. "It's not a mistake if you do it three times" Louis laughed, and you shook your head as he smiled at you. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Laura push herself up to her feet. "Lou" you whispered, and he turned to her. Laura took three steps and landed on top of the doll. "What?!" Louis said, jumping up. Laura grabbed the doll and crawled over beside you. "She walked, you walked!" you said, turning from Louis to Laura and giving her a big kiss. "I'm taking full credit" Louis laughed and you raised an eyebrow at him.