Chapter 2 A little bit of peace

The group got back to HQ. Doc met them and took Jager to the med bay. Thermite came up with a tablet. He looked at Y/n.

Thermite: You must be Y/n. 

Y/n: Indeed.

Thermite: Six wants to talk to you. Follow me. 

Y/n followed Thermite to a tent. He set the tablet down and left. A figure showed up on the tablet. 

Six: You must be Y/n. 

Y/n: And you must be Six.

Six: Yes, the leader of team rainbow. But I am more interested in you Y/n. How did you fight the control? 

Y/n: To be honest, I have no clue. I guess willpower. 

Six: Very well. We need your help Y/n. So I want to ask you this. Will you join team rainbow? 

Y/n: I am in. 

Six: Good, I let Thermite take it from here. I look forward to meeting you in person Y/n. 

The call ended. I exited the tent to see Thermite waiting for me.

Thermite: Welcome to the team. 

Y/n: Thanks. Are you sure you are okay with me being here? 

Thermite: Well Ash, Finka, Kapkan and Jager have a positive opinion of you. So that is a plus. And I don't see a reason to dislike you.

Y/n: Fair enough. 

Thermite: Anyway you must be starving. 

Y/n: I am not sure if hunger is a thing for me. But I guess it would not hurt to eat something. 

He led me to the mess hall. I sat down at a seat. Thermite came over with two plates. He sat one down in front of me. Ash and Finka came over. 

Ash: Hey Y/n. 

Y/n: Hi. Um Thermite.

Thermite: Yeah? 

Y/n: How am I supposed to eat it with these? *shows blade arms* 

Thermite: Oops. Sorry Y/n I forgot about that. 

Y/n: No problem. 

Ash: I'll feed it to you. 

Thermite: Um? 

Finka: No I'll do it. 

Thermite in head: This is getting weird. 

Y/n stabbed the piece of meat he was given and took a bite of it using his blade arms like a knife and fork. 

Y/n: I figured it out. 

Thermite: What about the rice? 

Y/n: Oh dam it. I don't got that one covered.

Ash sat down next to Y/n. She grabbed a spoon and took some rice. 

Ash: Open. 

Y/n listened opening his mouth and Ash fed him the rice. Finka looked agitated. 

Thermite in head: Oh god I understand what is going on. They are trying to win over Y/n. I could tell Y/n. But I'll let him figure it out. 

Y/n: Thanks. 

Ash: Any time. 

Y/n: I'm going to go and walk around. 

Y/n left and walked around the base. He tried to figure out a way to turn human. Or at least get his normal hands back. But nothing worked. No matter how hard he tried. He could not change. And he hated this. He did not wish to look like a monster. He wanted to be human again. Eventually he found Doc in the medical bay. 

Doc: You must be Y/n. 

Y/n: And you must be Doc. 

Doc: Yeah. I must admit. You are a medical mystery. I wonder, how much willpower you need to resist something like this? 

Y/n: I wonder about that too.

Doc: Ash and Finka have taken a liking to you.

Y/n: I don't mind. Good to know the people I am helping like me. 

Doc: If you would not mind. I would like to take some blood. I want to see if perhaps your blood holds the key to a cure. 

Y/n: If you can puncture my skin. 

Doc used a needle and found a small spot of soft skin that he used to get some blood from. 

Doc: Merci. Jager asked me to give you his thanks if I saw you. He is already gone to go do some work. But I reckon you'll see him once more. 

Y/n: I think I will see him again. 

Doc: Perhaps you should rest. I am pretty sure we will be making a move soon. And we will defiantly need your help. 

Y/n: Sure. 

Doc: Oh! Your room is to the right by the way.

Y/n: Thanks. 

Y/n went to his room which had his name on the door. he walked and went to bed face down. Trying to lay with his back against the bed would be hard because of his back spikes. He wondered why no one else has been able to gain control over the virus. Maybe he would be the only one to do this. Maybe it was up to him to defeat the virus.