𝟷𝟸- 𝙽𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜

“You play along. After all. you have never learned to do anything else. You play along. and you fake a smile and you listen to everything they throw your way. But you never stop running. Your lungs are on fire and your muscles are sore, but your legs won't stop moving. Your heart is tired and your eyes are red, but you still don't let go of those who are no good. Because you‘ve been taught to keep it nice and sweet. to be quiet, to be gentle. Because you're a girl and they say you look prettier with a smile and you're not supposed to lose control. He looks at you. with that leer on his face. and tells you to just forget about it. To swallow your pride and to move on. You know how to keep the rage in, how to laugh despite the pain. but something is different. It takes some time, but you will notice the change in you. The twitching of your fingers, the slight tapping of your feet. You‘ve been taking it all in. the anger. the fear, the sadness. A storm has built inside of your chest, a whirlwind that demands to strike back. That wants to be free. You‘ve been taught to play along and now you will teach yourself to unleash the power that has slept inside your bones. Revenge is sweeter the longer you let it simmer in the pit of your stomach."