Chapter 5 - Friendship

Summer’s POV)         

Niall’s offer made me happy for days. I didn’t let anything destroy my happiness. It was like I walked around on clouds and my friends thought I looked very happy; which made them happy too since they’d seen me being a little bit depressed lately.

Then Friday came. I was watching TV in the living room upstairs while my parents were downstairs and my sister, Kate, in her room. Since Caroline came home she lived with a friend in a near-by town.

My parents had always “enjoyed” drinking but lately considering everything that happened to my siblings it had increased. They got too drunk too fast. And when they get drunk, they get too honest when they speak to each-other and that leads to arguments; pointless arguments to be exact. I often noticed when it was going to start and could therefore go back to my room as quick as possible. Usually they reached their limit around 9-10pm. So most times I went to my room at 9pm but it was a good movie on that I really wanted to see so I stayed.

Then I heard my parents talking louder and louder towards each-other so I just turned off the TV and closed the door to my room. Plugging the head-phones to my iPod and turned up the volume. Tears streamed down my face. I wanted someone to hold me close and say that everything was going to be okay. Sometimes I asked myself how I managed to go through everything without breaking. I answered myself with that I was going to learn from others mistakes. I would not drown my sorrows in alcohol like my parents did. I would not take away the pain by hurting myself like my sister did. I would not do something like my brother because I think there’s no other way out. No! I would fight until there really was no hope left at all.

I turned on my computer because in fact writing down my thoughts, was my way to deal with the pain. First I went out on internet and facebook. An obsession I wasn’t proud of… but reading through the timeline, seeing how everyone else’s lives was perfect only made me more sad so I closed the window again and got into my writing. I wrote and I wrote. 

Then I noticed I never closed Facebook for real and it was now a little (1) next to the link. I opened facebook. Someone had written to me in the chat.

Niall Horan: Hi :D

Suddenly all the troubles I had vanished and the tears on my chin were replaced by the biggest smile I could make without breaking my face.

Summer: Hello (:

Niall: What are you up to?

S: Not much I’m just listening to some music. You?

I was always lying when chatting, but who wasn’t?

N: Cool, what are you listening to? (:

S: For the moment, The Script ;)

N: Oh, I looove them :D

We sat up all night talking about music, life and everything in between. Often when I talked to a guy they didn’t reply back in an instant but Niall obviously only talked to me and replied very fast.

S: Where does your Irish accent come from?

N: Well, Ireland of course ;)

S: Haha, I put the question in the wrong way. Why do you live in England? :P

N: I can move if you want to :(

S: Niall, seriously :)

N: My parents got divorced when I was little and me and my brother moved here together with our dad.

S: I’m sorry.

N: No, it’s fine :)

S: I know what it’s like to have parents that fights all the time…

N: Are yours divorced too?

S: No, but sometimes I wish they were.

N: Sorry :(

S: Yeah :(

N: I’m here if you ever want to talk, after all I know what it’s like :)

Why did it always feel so special when I boy offered that? Niall’s offer was one I wasn’t going to say no too.

S: Thanks :D

Then I looked at the clock. How did the time moved so fast?!

S: It’s 2am!!

N: oops, haha, maybe that’s why I’m so tired.

S: I have to go…

I was too shy to admit that I didn’t want to leave at all. But I needed my sleep.

N: I have to go too, although I don’t want to (: Can I have your number?

Niall’s POV)

I was so happy when I went to bed that Friday-night/Saturday morning. I can’t believe I’d talked to the beautiful girl with blue eyes like oceans all night long. I was starting to fall for her; big time. And I got her number! I was going to text her as soon as I figured out something nice to say. I wanted to meet her, outside the school.

I fell asleep with a smile on my lips. Summer was making my life so much better.