Part 5: It Ends Here (Chapter I)

"Pain endurance test #1." Said a scientist in front of me who seems to be in charge of the tests. I flickered my eyes and looked around. My arms and legs strapped onto some operating table.

A man in a white lab coat moved a lethal-looking device in front of me. "We'll use the E.T.R. for the first test on level 1." He said. When he flipped the switch on the device, it released rays of electricity into me, bringing great pain to my body. I screamed and screamed in unimaginable pain.

After a few minutes of shocking, the scientist turned off the device. I groaned, and pant in relief as the pain was finally gone.

"Any trouble breathing, Bang?" The scientist asked.

"Asshole," I muttered.

The scientist raised a brow as he looked at me. "No signs of chest pain or shortness of breath."

"No burn marks either." Said another scientist next to him.

The head scientist nodded. "You're right. Let's see if he can endure level two."

Later

I was being dragged down an empty hallway. I was breathing heavily and was covered in burn marks. The two SWAT-looking guys who were dragging me were heavily armored and heavily armed with assault rifles. They took me to a room, opened the door, and threw me in.

"Don't cause any trouble." Warned the guard before he closed the door shut. I groan in pain as I pick myself up from the cold floor. The room was pitch black until light blinded me. As my eyes began to adjust to the lights, I look around to see kids from ages 10-16 around me in the room.

"You're him." Said one of the kids.

"Huh?" I look at them stare at me. I sighed. "I guess you do."

"You're the one who'll save us." Said an eleven-year-old Hispanic boy. I look at the young boy.

"What?" I was confused by what he was saying.

The Hispanic boy chuckles. "I'm sorry. My name is Juan. The brunette girl over there is Sarah," I look at the girl who looked back at me then looked away from me. "She can see the future—or just visions of a possible future." She seems to be around the age of twelve.

"So how long have you all been here?" Bang asked.

Juan chuckled softly and scratched his head. "Well, the last time we've been outside was in May. What month is it now?" He asked me.

These kids have been here for three months. "Jesus," I exclaimed to myself. "Three months." The kids' eyes widen in shock as I looked around the room. "Haven't any of you guys tried to break out of here with your powers?"

Juan sighs softly. "Well, all of us have these collars on to prevent us from using our powers."

So that's what these are for. I thought to myself as I look at the same metal collar I have on my neck. I notice Sarah was the only one who didn't have a collar. "How come she doesn't have one?" I asked Juan as I pointed at Sarah.

"Her power is just seeing possible futures," Juan explained to me. "It's not much of a lethal ability." Juan turned to look at Sarah to only see her pouting at him.

"So, what are your powers?" I asked Juan.

Juan chuckles nervously. "To be honest. I don't think I have any powers." I raised a brow at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, they did these tests on me..."

"And?" I was waiting for his actual answer.

"I don't know," Juan shrugged. "I'm just glad I wasn't killed for not having any special abilities or something."

I looked around the room to find many ways of getting out. There were no vents, no windows. No escape. The only thing that was in here is a few mattresses and a security camera watching our every move.

"So, what did they do to you all?" I asked. When I asked the question, they all fell silent. This was when I started noticing the bruises, the burn marks on some of their arms and faces. They weren't noticeable unless you got a good look at them. I clenched my hand into a fist. How could they do this to these kids?