6

"And then he just tackled him!" I explained in detail as i shoved pringles in my mouth. I was retelling the story of the fight last night to Ada, Omasan and Abel who weren't present. "And he just started punching him!"

'"Seriously?" Omasan asked with interest facing Chika.

"Yeah!" I responded. "And then when Chidi pulled him off of the guy and asked him what his problem was he said, 'He hit the love of my life!' It was crazy I swear".

Ij choked on the sprite she was drinking as she stared at me, who looked amused "The last part didn't happen" she told Omasan, recovering from her coughing fit.

"Love of your life" Omasan laughed. "That was epic"

Ij was still giving me a mean glare that prompted me to raise my hand in defeat "Ok... ok. Maybe I twisted the story a little bit"

"A little bit, really?" she questioned me

"Jeez, chill. Is not like he's the love of your life" I said as I munched my pringles "or is he?" I stared at her raising an eyebrow at her.

"I am" Chika responded absentmindedly as he has been on his phone all these while typing away with a serious look on his face.

Ij snorted "Of course you are"

'" Baby girl, am the butter on you bread, the sugar in your tea even you can't deny that" he said dropping his phone on the table.

"Hmmm...of cos." More like pain in her butt, cockroach in her cupboard" Chidi remarked

"At least am something to her." Chika winked at Ij causing her to roll her eyes at him.

We were presently at the restaurant at our regular booth. It hadn't been long we arrived. Last night was lit. The party was one of the craziest I have ever been to. And yes our dear friend Omasan decided to pull a fast one on us into making us believe that she was coming to Calabar the next day and surprised us last night. So that was practically the icing on the cake the night. The party died down around two, three in the morning but we decided to continue the fun in our rooms. We didn't go to bed till around six in the morning. The morning past us by as we slept like logs of wood through it and when our stomachs decided it was time for us to pay her dues, we upped and came here.

I kissed a girl and I like it,

The taste of her cherry chapstick.

I kissed a girl just try it,

I hope my boyfriend don't mind it

"Whose phone is ringing" I asked searching their faces

"Oh, sorry. That will be my phone" Ada faked innocence "I changed my ringing tune last night so..." she trailed as she searched for it in her little black bag, but it stopped before she could get to it. She placed the phone on the table giving me a knowing smile as I squinted my eyes at her.

Something was not right... as I was about to ask her what that look was for her phone went off again

I kissed a girl and I like it,

The taste of her cherry chapstick.

I kissed a girl just try it,

"Aren't you gonna answer that" I huffed already feeling frustrated.

"Oh, no" she smiled at me. "I just like hearing my phone ring...besides it's Chika that's calling me"

"Wow guys, really" I said as I dropped my head on the table.