Chapter one

Chapter one - The Gamble

Third person POV
————————
Spain, 1519
"Today, we sail..." the Spanish explorer, Cortez, said, raising the goblet of water he got from the fountain, "to conquer the New World... for Spain, for glory, for gold!" He drunk out of his goblet, the crowd cheering. His horse, Altivo, whined, and moved, due to the gunshots, causing Cortez's goblet to fly out his hand and splashing onto a wanted poster of three people...

~~~~~~~~
Maria's POV
——————
"Seven!" Tulio said after he threw his dice.

"Alright!" Miguel shouted out.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, clenching my fists with excitement.

"Partners! Hehe!" Tulio cheered after the ugly fat guy hesitantly gave us his money, Miguel started to play his little guitar thingie.

"Tons of gold for you. Hey!" We chanted, "Tons of gold for me. Hey! Tons of gold for we. Hey!" We stopped as the big guy shouted.

"One more roll," he said angrily.

"Guys, sorry to break it to you, but... your broke!" I said, grinning.

"You've got no money to bet with!" Tulio added.

"Oh yeah, how 'bout this," the guy brought out a... map?

"Pfft, a map?" Tulio scoffed.

"A map..." I said, raising a brown eyebrow.

"A map?!" Miguel said, astonished.

"A map of the wonders of the New World," the man grinned.

"Wow! Let's have a look," Miguel said, Tulio and I rolled our eyes and tried to walk away, only to get pulled back by Miguel, who was now holding the map.

"Excuse us, for one moment," Tulio said, then we ducked under the map.

"Tulio, Maria, look!" Miguel said, "El Dorado, the city of gold. This could be our destiny, our fate."

"Miguel, if I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice," Tulio said.

"You did what?!" I shouted out, Tulio nudged me to shut me up, "why didn't you tell me this sooner," I said quietly, they never told me they played with loaded dice, they both ignored me and carried on talking.

"Hmmm," Miguel started to make puppy eyes faces and wiggling eyebrows.

"Not the face. No, no, no, no, no."

"I said one more roll," the man said, getting impatient, "my map against your cash."

"Hmm?" Miguel looked over to Tulio, I looked over to Tulio as well, waiting for his answer.

"Alright peewee. You're on!" Tulio said, grinning.

"Not with those!" the man said, "This time we use my dice," we all sweat dropped, although I was still angry about the loaded dice thing, I was worried about losing all the money, "eh, gotta problem with that?"

"N-no," Tulio stuttered, he put his dice away and took the man's dice, he turned to Miguel and said quietly and angrily, "I'm going to kill you." He started to roll the dice round his hands and doing 'lucky charms' while Miguel was charming ladies while playing the guitar, "come on, baby. Papa needs that crappy map," Tulio murmured.

"Stop that!" the man said, I stared worriedly as Tulio threw the dice.

"Show me seven!" Tulio said, squinting his eyes shut, the first dice landed on 5, the other carried on spinning, it was close to landing on 3 but fell onto 2.

"It's a seven!!" I shouted out.

"Alright!" Miguel cheered, hugging me.

Tulio hesitantly opened his eyes, "seven!" Tulio said astonished, "there it is! Well, nice doing business with you." He said, scooping up the gold, I grabbed the map, Tulio's loaded dice fell out his pocket, and coincidently landed on seven, the man banged his fist against the floor, which caused the dice to land on seven – again.

"I knew it!" the man said, furious, "your dice are loaded!" the gasps of people rang around us.

"What? You gave me loaded dice?" Tulio lied, looking at Miguel, I rolled my eyes, drama queens, I thought. I climbed up onto a roof, knowing where this will go, they'll go round blaming it on each other, get swords, have a mini fight, climb onto the same roof as me.

"Ah, you fight like dear Maria," Miguel said, standing me up on the roof.

"I fought Maria. That's a compliment," Tulio said, snatching me away.

"Should I be offended...?" I said confusedly.

"Of course not, my dear, you fought well," Tulio said.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we've decided it's a draw," Miguel said, bowing.

They threw down their swords, landing just in front of a guards feet.

"You've been great." Tulio said.

"Sorry if we upset you," I said.

"Adios!" Miguel said, then we jumped off the building, thankfully it was a small building, or else we would've died.

"Congratulations. You're very good." Miguel said as we sat down, our backs against the wall, my eyes widened, the two were still talking, I tugged on Tulio's shirt.

"What is it Maria?" He asked, "Oh... I think we should have kept our swords."

"Y-yeah," me and Miguel whimpered. There, standing in front of us, was a fierce looking bull.

"Alright, I've got a plan," Tulio said to us quietly, "Miguel, you go pet him, while me and Maria RUN!!!" Tulio grabbed my arm and we ran, Miguel following, the bull was right on our tails.

We ran down the street, the locals who witnessed the gamble were also chasing us, but got scared off by the bull. We may have accidentally ran into someone's house, "Bye! Thank you!" Miguel shouted as he ran out a poor woman's house.

We carried on running till we got to the docks, there was a drop, we looked down to see three barrels, "I bet we can make that," Miguel said. We looked behind us to see guards running towards us.

"Two pesetas says we can't," Tulio said.

"We're not gonna make it..." I said before we all jumped off the edge...

————————

Sorry if I got some of the lines and who says them wrong, but hey, this is my fan fiction, so who says I have to be exact.
Anyways, adios!
~HP_Fangirl101 AKA ⚡️The Potter Boy⚡️
(Everything apart from my character belongs to the peeps who made this/ DreamWorks)