Chapter two

Chapter Two - Stowaways

Maria's POV
——————
"You lose," Miguel said, I heard the sound of water splashing, so I'm guessing that Tulio handed him the two pesetas, all of a sudden, a lid went onto the barrels, and then I felt us moving.

"Ohhh!" I said, feeling a bit dizzy.

"Whoa! What's happening here?" Tulio said.

"We're all in barrels. That's the extent of my knowledge," Miguel said, trying to be smart.

"Oh! I didn't know that!" I said sarcastically.

"Come on, let's focus on getting outta here. Okay Miguel, Maria, we've got to move fast, on three, we jump out and head for the dock," Tulio said, I doubt it, to my extent of knowledge, I'm pretty sure we got moved onto a ship.

"One, two, three!" I rolled my eyes not bothering to do what their doing, "t-three!" They said again.

~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, one more time," Tulio said, this time I decided to have a go.

"One, two, three!" I said, we pushed the tops of the barrels, only to end up with a whole crew looking at us, even a spotlight was on us, it was probably about 11pm, and we were in the middle of the sea.

"Excuse us..." I said, slowly crouching back down to put the lid back on.

"Okay. We're outta here," Miguel said doing the same.

"Um... who ordered the, uh, pickles?" Tulio said copying our actions, but it was to late. They yanked us out of the barrels, and put us in Stocks.

"Cortez!" I breathed out.

"My crew was as carefully chosen as the disciples of Christ," Cortez said, "and I will not tolerate stowaways," I closed my eyes, waiting for what our punishment would be, sneaking onto a ship without permission, "you will be flogged, and when we put into Cuba to resupply, God willing, you will be flogged some more... and then enslaved on the sugar plantations for the rest of your miserable lives." He said, I don't want to be beaten... but Cuba sounds nice..., "to the brig."

"Alright! Cuba!" Miguel said, practically reading my mind.

~~~~~~~~

Our current position is, Miguel and I sitting next to each other, talking about life, whilst Tulio was banging his head against the wall.

"You alright Tulio?" I asked, "gotta plan yet?" I carried on.

"Alright right. Alright. Wait!" Tulio looked at us, "I'm getting something." He crawled over to where the bowl of grapes and empty cups were, "Okay! Here's the plan," Miguel and I crawled down next to him, "in the dead of night, we grab some provisions, hijack one of those long boats, and then we row back to Spain like there's no mañana!" Tulio said.

"Back to Spain, yeah?" Miguel said.

"Yeah," Tulio responded.

"In a rowboat?" I asked.

"You got it, Maria!" Tulio said.

"And.... how exactly are we going to get on deck?" Miguel asked, Tulio had a blank expression on his face.

"in the dead of night, we grab some provisions, hijack one of those long boats-," Tulio said.

Miguel and I groaned.

"Alright then, what's your idea, smart guy and girl," Tulio said, as though he gave up on life.

"Hang on a minute!" I said, I dug through the small box of food and found an apple, "the horse!"

"Yes!" Miguel said, "brilliant idea, Maria!"

"Okay, so... who has the longest arms and fingers here?" I asked, they both looked at me, smug looks on their faces, "oh, no no no, not me."

"It's your idea," Tulio said.

"Argh, Fine," I said, my face flushed.

...

Our current position was, well, awkward... Miguel is on Tulio's shoulders and I'm on Miguel's shoulders, which is uncomfortable since I'm wearing a dress...

"Hey! Altivo!" I whisper shouted, catching the horses attention, "want a nice, juicy ripe apple?" I said, holding the apple up. Altivo trotted over to where we were, he tried to take a bite but I moved before he could, "ah ah ah," I said shaking my head, "I need you to do something for me... can you find a pry bar? A long piece of Iron with a hooky thing at the end, you got that?" I explained, the horse went off.

"Maria, you were talking to a horse?!" Tulio whispered.

We heard I clink and we looked to see that it wasn't a pry bar, it was keys. Miguel and I grinned.

"Well, it wasn't a pry bar..." Tulio said.

...

It was the dead of night, we were on deck now, Altivo came up to me as Miguel closed the trapdoor quietly. Oh yeah, the apple, wait, I have an idea, just in case...

I got out the apple and directed him to the boat and helped him in, "Maria?! What the heck are you doing?!" Tulio stressed.

"Just in case we get stranded onto a desert island, we need transportation," I whispered back.

"She has a good point, you know," Miguel said.

"Uh! Fine! But if that horse does anything, you'll be sorry," Tulio said.

"Geez, don't be so uptight," I said, rolling my eyes.

...

We managed to escape with Altivo, without anyone noticing, but the horse started munching on the food...

"Maria!" Tulio groaned at me. "I told you not to bring that stupid horse onto this stupid boat!"

"I didn't know it was going to eat everything," I said, waving my hands.

"Come on, Tulio. Think of positive things," Miguel said. "It's not like anything's going to get wo-."

Rain fell down upon us, "were you going to says 'worse'," Tulio said, rubbing his temples.

...

It was hot, no land in sight, just water, it was horrible, we had no water, Miguel and Tulio were leaning against each others backs talking about life, whereas I was leaning against Altivo, who also looked dehydrated.

"Oh! I think our time has come!" Tulio said, I could tell by his voice that his throat was dry.

"Yep, But I get to die with my two best friends," Miguel replied, Altivo and I rolled our eyes, "Oh, Tulio and Maria, the best mates ever."

"Yep, Miguel and Maria, brilliant, loved you both like family, brothers and sister," Tulio said.

"Partners," they said together, I looked out, only to realise we're on land, my eyes widened as I ran out of the boat and rolling round onto the sand.

"Maria? Why are you rolling on- WHAT THE HECK?! WE'RE ON LAND!! WHOO HOOO!!" Tulio said, the two ran out and were kissing the sand, Altivo got out the boat and trotted to me, I hopped onto his back and got out the map that we 'won'.

I saw all the things that were on the map, right in front of my eyes, "guys..." I said, astonished, "get onto the horse, we're going on an adventure!"

......

Dear Beautiful Readers,
Hiya! Sorry I took so long to update, I was on holiday and there's no internet!
I hope you enjoyed this so far!
adios!
~HP_Fangirl101 AKA ⚡️The Potter Boy⚡️
(Everything apart from my character belongs to the peeps who made this/ DreamWorks)