Captains- Anchor (Part 2)

AU: Mermaid, merman? Mer?

Here we go!

This turned into a Daichi x reader....

~~~~~

"It's sunset. Where is she?" Hinata shuffled back and forth as the rest of the crew where dismissed to their bunks or night watch after a few obnoxiously loud sing alongs.

Daichi stared off to port where he expected the woman to be but have no silhouette be visible in the dark. He nodded slowly, letting his head drop with a sigh.

His hand let out a muffled slap as his hand came in contact with Hinata's fabric layered shoulder.

"Go to sleep. I'll tell the watches to keep an eye out for her. I'm sure she's fine."

~~~

She was not fine. If the slimy and slippery palms meant anything, the fact that she was unable to see more than streaks of blue light streaming from above her and that her chest was burning from the carbon in her lungs, that were just yearning for fresh air. The various pairs of well gripped hands held tightly on her limbs and torso as they pulled and dragged her down into never ending darkess.

Her chest felt heavy and her legs felt numb and cold. Gasping for air, (Y/N) choked when the surrounding space that filled her lungs was too heavy for her to breath. She coughed and wheezed but it couldn't be helped. She couldn't breath.

"Stop exaggerating. If you relax it won't hurt." the voice was one she knew. Smooth and sharp.

"Kuroo." she growled, throat raw and painful.

(Y/N) couldn't see, salt water burned and blured her vision. Her hands went to her stomach, now noticing the absence of her sweater she felt more mobile. But cold.

Her arm pushed through the chilling water as she did her best not to gag on the liquid in her lungs. Her hand went down to rest on her numb thigh, but the familiar feeling of the fabric of her sweat pants was gone.

She gasped on the water, she still couldn't see, but feeling the slip of her leg made it seem too real.

"What did you do to me?"

Kuroo laughed the sound rung through the area making (Y/N) aware of the small space she was enlosed in along with what seemed to be tunnels running in multiple directions.

And as if his laugh being a warning, (Y/N) heard muffled movement sound from behind her. "You."

Keeping her eyes down she turned her head to the space behind her. Her chest moved quickly as she breathed in the water.

"How dare you? How dare you drag me down here and force this upon me?"

Beside her, the appendage moved in circles not seeming to want to stop.

"How dare we?" She heard Oikawa's voice ring, "this is who we are! You're going to need to accept that."

A push of water was felt at her shoulder and his voice was suddenly going straight into her ear.

"You're going to need to accept that, because you're one of us too." he whispered.

(Y/N) swung her head. Forcing it to bang harshly against the mermans. He wailed and screetched like a banshee, causing everyone in the area to cringe from the pain.

"Oikawa. Enough." Ushijima's voice was harsh, but much more gentle and caring, like a mother scolding her children.

"Futakuchi, get some food. Terushima stop, she can't see." Ushijima's voice commanded orders and (Y/N) could hear the movement of several Mers around her.