Author's Note - March 2018

Hi! If you are here, you've probably read the prior books and are itching to get into number 4. Let me just say to you now that if you have NOT read these books, I do not recommend that you continue. Not trying to make you read more of my writing or anything, but this is not a standalone. Go read The Journey, The Village, and The Claw, or at the very least The Claw. Again, I reiterate, very important plotlines in this book will not make sense without The Claw.

With that out of the way, let me also now say that I am so incredibly excited to embark on this story with all of you, eeeeeeeep! This is going to be a very long, very adventuresome, and on occasion heartrending ride. We are going to see all our old friends in Ceristen (except the foreman... I dunno where he went, but it was probably deserved). We'll see a lot of Mordred, and get to know some characters that have made an extremely minor appearance up till now, and meet one particularly special character whom you may know only from my random book.

IT'S GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!!! *jumps screaming off a cliff*

Honestly, it is though.

~*~

The Journey was the story of both Fred and Sandy. The Village was the story of many people all at once; The Claw, in the scope of its entirety, was Inspector Dickson's story. But The War is Mordred's. Despite that it covers a broader field of characters than any other book so far, it is indisputably Mordred who lives at the center of this book.

Welcome to The War!