Chapter 13

After the ball
Nubo's P.O.V

I watched as all the guests exited the palace. I waved goodbye to the kings, queens, princes and princesses. I stole a glance at the servants leaving the ballroom, heading to their respectful stations and rooms, (Y/N) among them.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V (lmao that switched so quick sorry)

I locked eyes with the merman. If he stays occupied, I could possibly escape.

I made my way to his bedroom, locking the door behind me. I grabbed my cage and dragged it in front of the door. "Maybe that'll hold him off..." I muttered, initiating my plan.

I looked down at my tail. "I should probably take it off. He'll recognize me if he chases after me." With a big smile plastered across my face, I launched myself from his window. Taking one last look back, I began swimming. Up and up I went, almost tasting the sweet taste of freedom.

My legs kicked, I could feel my body flame with adrenaline, although I was tired and honestly, almost ready to give up. I had to be at least 48 meters from the surface. Light began showing through the water, small, brightly colored fishes swam around me and to their identical friends.

Behind me, I could hear a loud growl, "(Y/N)!" Nubo. He caught up. He saw me.

I looked down, seeing his gorgeous features. I decided to continue going, although it wouldn't be long before he catches up. Once I get up there, what am I to do? I shook the thought out of my head. I at least want to see the long awaited sunlight. I want to feel it's warmth against my skin. Nubo is most likely close by now.

Don't look down, don't look down, don't look down. I looked down. Nubo, right at the tip of my toes, reaches his claw-like hands to grab me. I squeal and thrust myself forward, attempting to kick him in the process. It wards him off for a split second, only to have him chasing after me once again. I reached my hand up, my fingers finally above water. The air felt so nice between them, but it lasted for a mere few seconds before I was dragged deep into my nightmare once again.

"How dare you escape?!" He shouted, pulling my body down and down, until we were finally face to face. "I should never have trusted you!" He spat. Trusted me? What, he let me walk to his bedroom! Did he really think I wasn't going to try and escape?

"I'm tired of being trapped in that stupid cage! Inside your stupid room! Near your stupid brother and you!" I snapped back, attempting to shake out of his grip.

His arm held onto my waist, taking me back down.

We finally made it to the dreadful room of his. Secrum sat on Nubo's bed, arms crossed and an innocently sweet smile playing on his lips. "She's got quite the personality." He inquired, giggling.

"Shut it." Nubo ordered, pushing me inside the cage. I tried to pull away from him, trying to escape the horrid space of that cage. He closed the door on my fingers and opened it again. I hissed in pain and allowed him to fit me inside.

I stared at him, pure fear and anger raging in my tired, sleepless eyes. "I hate you." I said, venom laced in my voice. So much hatred that was bottled up was put into that small sentence, I could tell even he, a monster so vile and repulsive, was taken aback.

His expression softened for a split second, but quickly fading into a scowl. "Well isn't she just a ray of sunshine~" Secrum said, swimming next to his older brother. He knocked on the cage with his knuckles. "I think now would be a good time for that talk you were planning~" He insisted, nudging his now annoyed brother in the side.

Talk? What talk?

"Fine. (Y/N), let's talk."

***

IM SO SHOOK THAT I POSTED TWICE IN A DAY

Okay but like wow I'm so proud of myself 💖😭