14

-Toni POV-
The sentence that Mrs. Blossom said, rang in my head. My jaw dropped and I gasped. I saw her eyes widen too, she knew that I had figured it out. She was the one sending the texts and notes. "You!" I shouted. "You're sending the notes and letters! Why would you do that?" Penelope sighed and nodded, "Yes, it was me. But I don't want you hanging around with my daughter. I can't let anyone think she's gay or deviant. That would ruin my reputation." Cheryl gasped and held a hand up against her mouth, clearly in shock. Cheryl stepped towards her mom and grabbed her wrist, "so, mother...this was all you? You think I'd ruin your reputation? Well, I guess shallow whores don't have much of a reputation to look after anyway." I couldn't help but show a small smirk as she said those words. Cheryl's confidence could fill a whole room with butterflies and blushing faces. I held my hands behind my back and swayed back and forth as I looked at her. She gave me a small smile and pulled me in for a hug. I was held by cold hands and was pulled back by my arm. Penelope turned around and gave me a glare. "I said to stay away." She stated. I shook my head, "why? What is so bad about us being friends?" Penelope scoffed. "You're a serpent and Cheryl is a River Vixen, the top River Vixen. This will blow her reputation and you guys hanging out all the time will make matters worse." Cheryl rubbed her eyes, probably from a tear. "I can have whoever I want as I friend, mother. If I can't, I know little secrets. Secrets can get out." She said. Penelope nodded, "very well then, but don't think that I approve of this." She left the room and I smiled at Cheryl, she smiled back. I could tell we were both relieved at this, knowing we wouldn't be scared of anonymous notes or texts anymore.

-Cheryl POV-
For once in a long time, I got a good nights rest. I didn't have to worry about anyone knowing my secret. But then in the morning it hit me, my mom knew my secret. When I got out of my bed that morning and was done getting ready, I headed to the kitchen, where I knew my mother would be. "What's my secret?" I asked. "Don't you know? I know the way you look at girls, especially that serpent. Its disgusting, you're ruining your reputation by doing this." She said. "It's not a choice, it's what I am and who I like. Deal with it." I said as I left the room, exiting my house. I loved Toni, I knew that for sure now. I wanted her, I needed her. Toni could make everything bad flip and make everything better. When I saw Toni, I ran over to her. "Toni, I have something I need to tell you." She shook her head and sighed. "Can I ask you something first?" Toni asked. I nodded as she turned away, it looked like she was grabbing something from her pocket. As she turned back towards me, she began to speak, "When I first met you, I thought you were the prettiest girl I've ever laid eyes on. Ever since then, I've seen the real you and you're sensational. Everyday, you bring a smile to my face and I need you." Toni then went down on one knee and pulled out a box from behind her back. "Cheryl Blossom, will you be my date to the dance?"

A/N: thank you so much for waiting, I got sent home from practice today because I have pink eye so I decided I'd write a short chapter. Anyway, sorry for the wait❤️