nineteen

[CAMI'S P.O.V]
I watch as he stands up from the chair in which he was previously seated. Our hands remain intertwined while he pulls me up into his chest.

"You know that I love you, right?" He says, looking down at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

I furrow my eyebrows and just smile at him.

"Of course I do, you goof. You tell me like every day."

"And I plan on telling you that every single day for the rest of our lives.." he trails off.

People start to gather around us, giving us warm smiles. I smile back at a few of them while I try to understand what's happening right now. My arms are still wrapped around Kj's waist, pulling him closer to me, for comfort.

"Kage, what're you doing?" I ask.

He gives me a genuine smile and places a small peck on my lips.

"Camila, these past four years, that I've been able to know you, have been the best years of my life. Never in a million years, did I think that a small town kiwi kid would have the opportunity to fall in love with a girl from New York. A girl from the opposite side of the world. How crazy is that?" He just laughs.

Butterflies start forming in my stomach, my heart beating rapidly.

"But I did. I fell so hard. And everyday that I get to wake up and see your beautiful smile - I fall even deeper for you. I don't think I'll ever stop loving you. Or ever stop falling in love with you. Your smile, your positivity and your endless love for everyone, is something that I need in my life. It's something that I want, for the rest of my life."

Tears start forming in my eyes. The smile on my face reflects the enormous one plastered on his.

"Kage.." I speak, trying so hard not to burst out in tears.

"What I'm trying to say is, Camila Carraro Mendes.." he pulls out a small black box from his suit pocket.

He pulls himself back from me. Letting go of one of my hands, he holds the box firmly in his palm, lowering himself down on one knee.

At this point there was no holding the tears back. I used my free hand to cover my face, so the people around us wouldn't see my messed up cry.

"Hey, look at me." He says.

I move my head black up to look at him.

"Will you Marry Me?" The words leave his mouth so smoothly, yet with uncertainty.

I could tell that he was unsure on my answer.

I just stood there in complete shock.

The love of my life is proposing to me. Something that I've wanted since I was a little kid.

"Yes! Are you crazy, of course I will!" I reply, pulling him up to hug me.

He picks me up, twirling me through the air. When he puts me back down, I let him take my hand and put the beautiful ring on it.

I stare at it for the longest of time. Kj is saying something, but I'm too focused to realise what he said.

He uses his hand to shake me.

"Cami, Cami?" He keeps repeating.

The shaking continues. Everything goes black.

"Camila, wake up!" I hear Kj say.

My body instantly goes cold, when I realise it was all a dream. I look down at my ring finger, obviously not finding anything. A familiar pain curses through my stomach as I notice the wetness in my pants.