Chapter 3

The next day came around and Sidon was busy until the afternoon. When that time came around he headed off to meet Link. When he got to the top of the mountain he saw something that made him freeze in place. Some Zora warriors had caught Link in a net and Link must had put up a fight because both the Zora and himself were injured. The net was made of metal and the poor Lynel didn't have his weapons with him anymore. The Zora had taken them. Link struggled to get out of the net but to no avail. He then noticed Sidon who was frozen from what he saw. He looked at him completely and that made the Zora look in his direction and notice Sidon. "Prince Sidon! You shouldn't be up here! This Lynel could break free and hurt you!" One of the warriors called out, them all being oblivious except Sidon to the fact that Link was struggling to get out of the net to no luck. Sidon snapped back to reality and walked over. "Sire! What are you doing?!" One asked as Sidon got the net off Link. Link quickly hugged Sidon. Link's tunic had been torn off probably from the battle he had with the Zora warriors. He had deep cuts all along his boy from their swords and spears. Blood fell down the Lynel's body staining the grass bellow and the Lynel's coat of fur. Sidon hugged back gently as to not hurt Link more than he already was. "Stay away from him." Sidon said in an angry tone as he glared at the warriors. They stepped back in surprise. "But sire! That is a Lynel!" One commented. "I can see that. Be he is of no threat to us. And before you say he attacked you he only fought back as self defense. You attacked first and I can tell. Link here is of no threat and is my friend so back off." He said threateningly. The Zora did as they were told and backed away from Link. "Get me something to help him. Stat." He stated. The Zora nodded and left to get a first aid kit to help Link. While they were gone Sidon calmed Link down from the fright he had. The warriors returned with some stuff to help the Lynel and Sidon began patching Link up. It took a while but he did it. He left for a moment to a few trees and got some apples which he gave to Link. The Zora warriors left so they didn't upset Sidon since he was obviously pissed at them. "Are you okay Link?" Sidon asked. Link looked at Sidon. He went to go sign his response but didn't. Instead, he opened his mouth. "Y-Yes." He said softly and quietly. His voice was raspy which was a clear sign he hadn't talked in forever. Sidon stared at the Lynel in a bit of a shock but soon shook it off. "I'm glad you are alright now. I'm so sorry I wasn't here to protect you." He apologized and looked away. Link placed his hands on Sidon's cheeks and made the Zora face him. He kissed Sidon's crest on his head and smiled. "It's okay..." He said quietly. His voice was still raspy. Sidon blushed a little but smiled as the tail on his head began wagging happily which made the Lynel laugh a bit. They talked for a while though Link did start signing again but Sidon didn't mind. Eventually Sidon had to leave. "I will tell the warriors to leave you alone. I don't want you getting injured again." He stated. Link seemed sad that Sidon had to leave but nodded. They said their goodbyes and Sidon left. He did what he had told Link and told the warriors of the Zora Domain not to hurt the small Lynel on top of Mt Polymous for he was a friend. They listened and nodded. They kept it a secret as well and Sidon went to eat dinner. Once done with that he went to his room and went to bed. He had dreams of Link for reasons he didn't know but he didn't mind. Link himself had fallen asleep like he normally does and has dreams of the Zora who has helped him multiple times. Link wanted to repay him somehow.