(Unedited) Chapter 5: Do You Hear the People Sing?

Please Read Before continuing: This is an unedited draft and does not display my abilities as a writer in this chapter. Thank you.  

    "Welcome to the third annual 'Victory day'!" A loud voice boomed through the speakers setup along the streets of the capitol. "This very day three years ago I, Herobrine, saved you from the demons that were Jesse and her friends!"

The many people lined up along the streets of the capitol cheered and whistled as Herobrine addressed his kingdom. Confetti fell slowly down from the tops of the buildings and large balloons and floats paraded their way through the vibrant streets. The biggest float of them all was Herobrine's, rolling down the street at nearly 20 feet tall.

In the crowd there were few not raising their arms in adoration at the passing of the dictator of the land. Jesse in a dirty old blue hoodie stood with her head down next to Lukas who wore a leather jacket, standing in a similar position.

"You know," Jesse spoke quietly with her eyes still cast to the ground. "once we do this, there's no going back. There are only two ways that this will end; we succeed at the cost of many people we know, or we die fighting a war that we were always outnumbered in."

"Any death we take will be better than whatever world we would reside to" was Lukas's quiet reply as they locked eye contact with each other for a few seconds. They both shared smile briefly.

"You know," Jesse began. "If this is the last chance we'll get to talk..." suddenly a firework exploded from one side of the street, forming the image of the old order of the stone. "That's the signal! Come on Lukas, this is it."

Lukas nodded, but wondering what it was Jesse was going to tell him. He let the thought go and readied his bow. Jesse pulled out her hidden sword and took a deep breath. She flipped her hood up and walked into the middle of the street making Herobrine's float stop.

"It's been awhile, hasn't it?" She said as she flipped the hood off and raised her sword in a challenging position.

"Well if it isn't little old Jesse." Herobrine spoke with a slightly annoyed voice. "Back from the dead, are we?"

"You knew I would come back, you didn't even try to kill me yourself." Jesse shot back at him, shifting his facial expressions to rage. He jumped up from his throne atop the float and jumped down towards Jesse.

"Now!" Jesse shouted as she raised her sword to brace Herobrine's attack. With his sword raised, he came down on top of Jesse's sword. Around the two, revolutionaries that Jesse had called upon flooded the streets and started to fend off Herobrine's army. Left and right people were joining the battle and throwing off their disguises and raising their weapons.

Jesse and Herobrine clashed in the center of the battle, swords colliding with every advance forward. The two charged at each other with great strength, but when they met in the middle the force knocked both backwards. They both get up quickly and take a few deep breaths.

"You think you can beat me?" Herobrine shouts. "I've only just warmed up!"

"Th question still remains, can you take me down with your little monster army, or are you too weak to do anything but fancy little sword tricks and mind games?" Jesse mocked. Herobrine's eyes narrowed and he bared his teeth as he charged at Jesse.

Meanwhile, Petra ran full speed at one of the giant zombies. She jumped up into the air, shouting, as she stabbed the zombie in the center of the head. It fell over and disappeared in a puff of smoke. She turned around and got ready to charge another horde of zombies. Suddenly, the zombies were launched from where they were in a sudden explosion. She looked up to Axel waving encouragingly at her.

Lukas brought out multiple arrows at once, firing them into the oncoming swam of super creepers. He jumped to his side as a spider tried to tackle him from behind. He readied another arrow but was stopped quickly by two zombies grabbed and restrained him.

Jesse and Herobrine were locked in a head to head combat, oblivious to the rest of the battle happening around them. Herobrine jumped up into the air, bringing his sword down on top of Jesse, who blocked it as it came down. The two forced their swords together, finally Herobrine pushed Jesse back causing her to fall on her side and roll back a few feet. She looked up to see Lukas thrashing and yelling in pain as two zombies griped either side of him tightly. Herobrine, taking an advantage of Jesse being distracted, drove his sword into Jesse's side. He then put one foot on top of Jesse as though he had just killed his hunt.

Jesse let out a yell of pain as she tried to free herself from underneath of Herobrine' foot. Herobrine simply laughed at her struggle to get out from under him. "Jesse, you disappoint me every time." He said with a sad smile, "Here I saw you as an actual threat, but it turns out that you have a soft spot for blonde-y over there." Herobrine let out an evil chuckle.

Jesse's heart dropped as she followed Herobrine's gaze towards Lukas. "No..." Jesse said weakly. "Please...don't...hurt him."

"My dear, you're the one that's hurt." Herobrine laughed coldly. "Boys!" Herobrine called to the two zombies "Bring me the blonde kid." The two zombies nodded and brought Lukas over to him. Lukas looked down and to see Jesse and immediately was pale in the face.

"Tell you what Jesse," Herobrine said, taking his foot off Jesse and walking closer towards Lukas "I have a deal for you." His smile broadened, and he stood in front of Jesse, who was struggling to get up. "If you agree to come with me and forget about this whole 'revolution' business and become my prisoner, I promise not to touch a hair on any of your friends."

"And...what if...I don't?" Jesse said between deep breaths, clutching her bleeding side.

"Then you can say 'Bye-bye blonde-y'." Herobrine said, as he raised his sword to Lukas's neck.

"Jesse! Don't do it! I'm not worth it!" Lukas pleaded helplessly. He groaned as the zombies tightened their grip on his shoulders.

"Tick-tock, Jesse..." Herobrine said as he reached his hand out towards Jesse. Jesse narrowed her eyes at his hand.

"Only if you promise not to hurt any one of my friends." Jesse said in a low, strained voice. She reached her hand out and shook his.

"JESSE! NO!" Lukas shouted desperately, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"But of course!" Herobrine said happily as he took Jesse's hand. "I believe our work here is done." The zombies released Lukas and he fell to the ground. The last time he saw Jesse, her eyes were filled with soreness and pain. She gave a weak smile and waved slightly as she disappeared in a puff of black smoke. Lukas's eyes focused on the spot where she disappeared for a few seconds, before he bowed his head and covered his watery eyes, utterly helpless.

The other monsters retreated with Herobrine leaving the rebels cheering and hugging the surrounding friends. Petra, cheering with the others, noticed Lukas bent over in the center of the street. She walked over to him, sensing something was wrong.

"Lukas what happened?" Petra asked. She then looked around and asked, "Where's Jesse?" Lukas mumbled something in response without moving from his current position.

"Lukas, I can't hear you." Petra said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"He took her Petra!" Lukas cried out, standing to face Petra. "He took Jesse!" the light faded from Petra's eyes. She took a step back from Lukas.

Sorry! This is where it ends, but head onto the outline next to find out what happened from here!