Be Sure of One Thing

"Here you go," Leo said as he handed me a blanket. I set it out at the small airport we had in our hometown. We sat in the field beside the runway. Leo began to pull our food out of the basket.

"What all do we have?" I wondered, looking at the dish after dish that he pulled from the picnic basket. He could fit more food in there than the number of clowns you can fit in a clown car.

"Basically one of every food you can think of. My grandma goes overboard," he explained.

"But it's nice of her," I complimented and picked up a Tupperware container filled with strawberries. I sat next to my boyfriend and watched as he placed his headphones on. I decided to put mine on as well and leaned my head on his, clinking together the plastic that covered our ears. We laughed and turned our gaze to the plane getting ready to take off. We both gawked at it as it rose higher and higher, something I'd never watched from the outside of the plane.

As we sat there, I popped a grape into my mouth and occasionally took a bit of a sandwich. Leo grabbed my hand, and we laid back on the blanket to stare at the stars.

We nearly jumped when the next plane took off because we had been too occupied while watching the stars. I laughed at him, and he laughed at me, but we ended up laughing together.

"Symph, I've always wanted to do something like this with you," Leo told me.

"Why haven't we done this before?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. I guess I wanted to be sure of one thing before we came here," Leo began.

"What did you want to be sure of? I mean, we've only been dating for a little more than a month," I wondered.

"Symphony, I love you," he admitted. I smiled at him, and my eyes began to glow.

"I love you, too, Leo," I assured him and leaned toward him. He kissed me quickly. Another plane took off and we hit our heads off of each others' and fell away from the other person.

"I'm so sorry," he apologized, speaking loud enough so I could hear him pst our headphones. "But yes, I love you, Symph. You're amazing. I know we've only been together for a month and a half, but I really do love you. And I'm sure of that."

"Leo, I love you just for saying that," I told him and giggled. "You're my favorite person in my life because you make me so happy. So, so happy."

He kissed me again, and I soaked in the moment. I had finally realized that Leo was the person I was looking for. It was then when I had figured out I loved him so much.