Chapter 3: Entomophobia

Day 1: Part 3

Finally, the door opened. Sasha rushed in and quickly shut the door. She locked the door from inside while Lorraine stood there, wondering what had happened to her sister.

" Is everything alright?" asked Lorraine with a concerned look on her face.

" Nothing..." Sasha muttered while thinking whether she should tell the truth to Lorraine or hide it.

She didn't want to scare her little sister. So she decided, she wouldn't tell her.

"Umm, actually there is an insect flying out there."

Lorraine nodded. She knew her sister had Entomophobia and hence, was convinced.

Lorraine went back to sleep and Sasha joined her too. But, Sasha couldn't even close her eyes. Every time, she did that, she felt someone's presence around her.

This made her realize that running away is not an option. It's her own home, the home in which she had grown up. She decided to talk about it to her childhood friend, Caleb.

She glanced at little Lorraine next to her and realized that it isn't safe anymore to keep Lorraine here with her. It would be better if she could find some other place for her to stay for some days.

She got up from the bed and opened the window curtains. It had started to get dark outside. She slowly took steps towards the door while praying softly. She took a deep breath and opened it. There was nobody outside, everything seemed to be silent. She thanked God and prayed for her and Lorraine's safety.

Walking towards the living room, she picked her phone and called Caleb.

" Hey, Sasha! " Caleb greeted.

" Hi, Caleb. I wanted to talk to you about something. Could you meet me?"

" Is everything alright?" Caleb asked with concern.

" No. Meet me tomorrow at noon at The Rachel's Cafe." said Sasha.

" Okay, sure. Do you want me to come over?"

" No, it's too late. But meet me tomorrow." assured Sasha.

She could hear a noise coming from outside. It was like something was scratching the door from outside. She let out a sigh, and ended the call. The neighbours owned a few cats and dogs which would often jump over the fence and come here.

She walked towards the door and took her hand forward to open it. But before she could turn the door knob, the door opened on its own. Before Sasha could sink in what had happened, it shut quickly.

She took a step backwards but the door continued opening and shutting on its own. Sasha ran back to Lorraine's room and locked it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share!