[39] Family by Love

Haechan's POV-

"YAH!," Areum shouted as she almost nailed me in the head with a chair, "I told you to be careful!!!"  "Mian, Areum, I didn't mean too!," I apologized as I dodged the flying objects coming after my person.  

The door of the practice room opened, and she ignored the prominent laughter that was coming from my hyungs that had entered.  "Told you he'd get beat up one day," Yuta chuckled in amusement as he watched the scene in front of him unfold, "Who knew it'd be by Areum though."  "Areum-ah," DoYoung began, "Why are you throwing objects at Haechan?"

She stopped her arm before it could throw a, very sharp, broom pole at me.  "He broke my necklace!," the trainee answered, anger and irritation very evident in her voice.  "Can't you just get a new one?," Taeil asked walking towards her; however, he halted mid-step when she glared at him.  

"Yah, Kang Areum," Taeyong scolded.  Her gaze faltered, and Areum finally let it go with a sigh.  "Mianhae. . .," she mumbled under her breath.  My eyes never left the ground as I my line of sight flickered to the necklace now broken in pieces on the floor.  

She crouched down and picked them up piece by piece, not paying attention to as I helped her pick up the shards of necklace.  ". . . Was this important to you?," I asked quietly.  ". . . This was one of the items left with me from my parents," Areum answered me as she picked up two fragments that said 'dance' when put together.  "Areum, I'm really-"  "Forget it, Haechan," she interrupted as she dropped the pieces in her hand, "It's not like they're coming back anyways. . ."  Areum turned her back towards me and headed for the door.  

"Areum!," I called after, but that didn't stop her, and the hyungs didn't try to stop her from leaving either.  

The door closed behind the trainee, and there was a heavy silence in the room.  "Give her some time, Haechan," DoYoung advised with an empathetic smile, "In the mean time, let's try to fix her necklace, okay?"

Areum's POV-

"What are you doing up here?," a feminine voice sounded from behind me.  I sat near the railings of the top of the SM building a looked out onto Seoul.  "I can ask you the same thing, Unnie," I replied back, not turning around.  Seulgi sat down next to me.  "You can, but I asked first," she pointed out, making me show the tiniest of smiles I could possibly produce.

"I'm here to take a breather," I answered, fumbling with the hair-tie on my wrist.  "Figured. . .," Seulgi sighed, "DoYoung explained what happened earlier today."  ". . .," I remained silent, as a cool breeze flew by myself and my sister. 

"Unnie. . .," I trailed off, hesitant to ask, ". . . Do you think my parent's will come back for me?"  

"They're your family, Areum," Seulgi stated, "Of course they'll come back for you."  "But. . . It's been 19  (Korean) years now. . . and I haven't heard a word from them. . .," I whispered the final part.  "To be honest," I lifted me head up, my eyes on the slow moving clouds above us, "I don't know if I want to even consider them as family. . ."  I recalled what Luhan sunbae had explained to me about my parents, and I wondered if it was worse for me to meet them.

"Well. . . I can't tell you what to think," Seulgi showed a small, sad smile, "All I can tell you is. . . Even if your birth parents never come back. . . or they do come back, but you don't accept them. . . I'll be by your side," she gave me a warm smile and one of her 'big-sister' hugs.  She pulled away.  "I may not be your family by blood, but I am your family by love," she stuck out her pinkie, and I locked mine with hers, "I promise, Areum. . ., I'll always be your Unnie. . . no matter what."

"Now!," she stood up and held a had towards me, which I gladly took to pull myself to stand, "Do you still want that necklace of yours?"  I sheepishly nodded, and Seulgi giggled, "Of course.  I'll make sure the guys get it fixed properly." 

She began walking away and stopped when she was halfway to the rooftop door.  "Aren't you coming?," she questioned.  "For what?," I asked, stepping closer to my sister.  "I told NCT not to hurt you whether it was physical or mental," she explained, "I just thought you'd like to see them a bit. . . scared for their lives," she shrugged, casually checking out her nails.  I broke into laughter and nodded, "I would love to!"  "Then, Kaja (Let's go)!"

- - - Le Time Skip - - -

"That was fun," Seulgi laughed while we exited the practice room section of the building.  "What was?," a voice scared the ever living daylights out of me, and we turned briskly to see Sehun Sunbae.  "Oh, hi, Sunbae," we both greeted.  "We were only messing with NCT," Seulgi gave a vague answer.  "I have to get goind for schedules," she excused herself, "I'll see you both around!"  Seulgi excused herself, leaving myself and Sehun alone. . . in awkwardness.

"So. . .," Sehun started, in hopes to began a decent conversation with me, "How's trainee life treating you?"  I shrugged, "It hasn't been that bad so far. . . a few NCT sunbaes are a bit irritating though. . ."  Sehun chuckled, "Well, it's good to see that you're doing alright, Areum."  He ruffled my hair and walking off, "I hope SM continues to treat you well, little s- student!"  He stuttered near the end of his phrase.   I titled my head to the side in confusion as I watched my Sunbae walk into a recording studio.  "That was. . . odd. . .," I thought to myself.  

I sighed and shook my head, "Then again, I've never met an SM idol or trainee that wasn't. . .," I mumbled and made my way out of the building to meet Minso and Natty for some Bubble Tea~

This Thing Called 'Love' {Discontinued}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें