Prologue

Finally edited the cover

Last Year

Everything was going well, until the lights and music in the barn shut off at complete random. Rachel jumped, accidentally stepping on Emily's foot. "Ow!"

"Sorry", the small girl whispered apologetically with a sheepish smile. "What just happened?"

"It must be the storm", Spencer said dismissively, feeling pretty sure.

Something squeaked and the girls all turned to look at each other. At this point, it felt like something out of a horror movie. "Something's out there", Aria mumbled.

"Guys", Hanna whimpered once the barn doors slammed opened. They all crept over, a weird sound echoed, but that didn't deter them.

A blonde, known as Alison to the girls, came in sight. "Gotcha!", she shouted, laughing.

The other five all screamed. Rachel put a hand over her still heaving chest, her chocolate brown eyes wide and panicked. "Ali, what the hell is wrong with you?", she squeaked.

"That was so not funny, Alison", Spencer huffed.

"I thought it was hilarious, girls", Alison grinned. They all shared a nervous laugh and settled back on the couches, glad to know that it was just Alison playing a sick joke.

"Ali, did you download the new Beyoncé?", Hanna asked, her blue eyes sparkling with joy. Everyone knew that Hanna was glad to be a part of the 'in' crowd... Especially considering people used to call her 'Hefty Hanna.'

"Not yet", Alison shrugged.

"I'm loving her new video", Emily added with a grin.

"Maybe a little too much, Em", Alison snickered.

The tall girl bit her lip and looked away. She knew Alison could be cruel, but she hadn't been expecting her little digs. Rachel offered Emily a smile, gently touching the girl's hand. Alison quickly took notice. The blonde didn't like that all. "Maybe you should keep your hands to yourself, Rach", she said, shooting the girl a dirty look. Rachel hesitantly pulled away with a sigh, running a hand through her long, dark hair. Alison was quickly beginning to get on her nerves this evening. Alison then passed a cup to Aria. "Your turn, go on."