Home By Midnight

I was finally freed for a night, my boyfriend had gone away for the week giving me no obligation to tell him where I was, and what I was doing. It had been 7 months since I was "allowed" to go out to my friends house. My entire life was wrapped in greek,I was in a sorority on campus, thats how I got to know everyone. I sat on the couch at Frat, my eyes closed heart racing, just embracing the familiarity of the sounds, the smell, the feeling of being home. As I opened my eyes I saw one of the brothers Dylan standing over me, his body positioned to jump on me and crush the life from my body. I dodged him just in time, giggling and pushing his arm as he sat down. We people watched for a while I saw my friends just enjoying themselves, well for the most part and as per usual everyone watched Sarah, the drunk hot mess that an ex member left behind when he ran away across the country with his new girl . She was stripping, and playing beer pong at the same time, very skillful! I have been gone so long many people don't remember my name. It made me sad but I understood, Sarah came running over to me and hugged me "Emilia! My best friend" she screamed, and I hugged her back and rolled my eyes. "my name isn't Emilia" i began before she ran off again. I shook my head and turned around. There he was the beginning of something amazing, and I had no idea. "hi" he said with a grin. "Adam! oh my god its been so long how are you?" I said giving him an awkward hug because he was much taller than me. We chatted for a while, mingled with a few friends, and played some games. By the time everyone began filtering out we weren't done. "lets go back to my place" he suggested. I nodded and we walked back to his house. When we go there we sat on his bed and talked about our summers for a few hours, until i realized the time. "oh my god its 5am!" i shouted as I began to get up. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down. "what is the rush?" he said smiling. I smiled back and sat down. When I finally left, he walked me to the door and smiled at me silently for what felt like an hour. I looked into his haze eyes and watched his small grin looking so mysterious. "thank you" i said shyly. As I went to leave he pulled me back and began to kiss me. I was shocked, and as I went to pull away something told me not to, so I kissed him back. What had I just done I thought. I began to blush and looked down at my feet. "Have a good day" he said as he opened the door and i walked out. I smiled and walked to my car. I got in, smile still growing across my face, until I saw the 7 missed calls from my boyfriend Tyler. It was 6 am, and he knows I am always up early. "hey whats up?" I said, before I could prepare my self I began to get an earful from him. "Rachel where were you why didn't you text me, I heard you went out, why didn't you tell me." I rolled my eyes and did my best to cover my ass. As I drove home all I could think about was Adam. Cinderella may have finally found her prince.