The Belle of the Ball

Immediately when I walked in I saw Hanna and her squad behind me. Of course the approached my table, trying to steal my spot, but this was my date, and she couldn't take this away from me. Katie, and chanelle saw me struggling to stay composed as Adam innocently carried on a conversation with the girls and they came over to my rescue. "hey!" they shouted and came to hug me. "Oh Hanna you look nice, where are you sitting?" Katie said with a grin full well known where she was sitting. Hanna ignored her comment and continued on. "i heard it is a dessert bar, why don't you all grab a doughnut!" Chanelle said, playing on an inside joke we have with their sorority . They rolled their eyes, finally getting the hint to leave our table and my friends sat down. "where is Will and Lorenzo?" I asked them, while giving them a thank you smile. "oh they are just outside with the guys for a dart they will be back soon" Chanelle said as she started to look round for something to eat. "god I'm hungry!" she whined, Katie and I nodded in agreement. I was starving, this alcohol was hitting me, and McDonalds was a sure thing in my head right now. I looked over at Adam, he knew what I was thinking. "absolutely not, I am not taking you guys to McDonald's." he whispered, not quiet enough. "MCDONALDS!!!" Katie screamed, notifying the entire room of our plan. I looked at him with puppy eyes "pleaseeee" I pouted. He rolled his eyes, "fine, but only the three of you, everyone else can fend for themselves." I jumped up with excitement. We ran to the car, more like an awkward waddle as we stumbled over our dresses. I rolled the window down and ran my hand through the thick wind as we drove down the road. I couldn't help but smile. This is what life should be like, the random adventures, curiosity and love. When we returned with our food, everyone gawked at us, jealous of our food. We devoured it in record time, then we started our next round of drinking for the night. I couldn't stop laughing at everything, drunk on life and on peach vodka.

Everyone I saw complimented me on my dress, I felt good and if it isn't too conceded to say, I looked like a goddess. As more people began to fill into the hall I found more of my friends. My table was definitely a riot. It consisted of all my sorority sister. Mia and her boyfriend Zane, Katie and Lorenzo, Chanelle and Will, and Adam and I. We all mingled with the other girlfriends and dates we knew, chatting up a storm in our drunk social state. Occasionally I would look back and see Adam staring, he would blush and immediately stop. I just smirked. Eventually I wandered back before dinner and tried to hand him a drink. "I can't I drove." he said as a lame excuse. I rolled my eyes. "Leave the car here we can get it tomorrow" He knew today I wouldn't give up the battle, so he took the beer. I swear to god the entire room stopped to watch him drink that beer, it had been so long since he drank. This was just another sure sign of how good this night would be. About a half hour later the food finally came out. Oh my god i was so ready for this food, cheat day of the year!