The True and False Children of Prophesy

Mr. and Mrs. Jefferson were proud to say that they were perfectly ordinary, thank you very much. They were not the sort of people that you would expect to be mixed up in anything even slightly out of the ordinary, simply because they didn't believe in that nonsense. However, the Jeffersons had a secret. They didn't think they could bear it if anybody found out what they had kept behind closed doors if anybody found out about the Riddles. 

Mrs. Riddle was Mrs. Jefferson's younger sister, but the two were as alike as up and down. Completely different. In fact, they didn't even look alike. 

Susan Jefferson née Fairfield had long blonde hair that she dyed every Sunday, was skinnier than a branch, had small, greedy blue eyes, very fair skin without blemishes, and the intelligence of a crow. 

Her husband, Dave Jefferson, had less than half of the intelligence of his wife, had almost no neck at all, was fatter than an average sized refrigerator, and dark skin.

They had a one-year-old son named Juarez Bacardi Jefferson. He had blond hair, blue piggy eyes, fair skin, and was about the size of a large beach ball, and in his parents' opinion, there was no finer child anywhere to be found.

However, Lacinda Riddle née Fairfield was almost a total opposite. She had long, fiery red hair that was fiercely curly, brilliant doe-shaped kaleidoscope eyes, peach skin, and was of average weight. She had the most brilliant intelligence of anybody in her schools, both Muggle and Magical, and refused to cheat.

Her husband, James Riddle, was not like her, but they matched perfectly. He was, first and foremost, a trickster, but he was also an amazing friend, and a staunch supporter in what he believed was right. He had dark brown hair and the most vibrant green eyes that you could find anywhere. He was much thinner than the average man, often called skinny. He was not above cheating at anything that he actually had to work at, but would never turn against his wife or friends.

They had two sons. Despite being twins, the two boys were very different, and at eleven months old, had already developed very different personalities.

Richard Riddle had his mother's fiery red hair and his father's green eyes. He was a rather ordinary child that cried when he wanted something and behaved nicely the rest of the time.

Harry Riddle had dark, near-black chocolate hair, and vibrant green eyes with kaleidoscope specks and patterns. He was smaller than his brother and weighed several pounds less. However, he was no ordinary boy. He never cried or screamed, just sat quietly in his crib, watching everyone with very adult-looking eyes. He always seemed to understand what he was being told, even at the tender age of eleven months. He was a little creepy, but he was loved.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dave Jefferson grunted as he clipped on his most boring tie. He hoped that there would be some good reasons to shout at people today at work. 

Walking into the kitchen, where Mrs. Jefferson was attempting to feed Juarez, who was throwing food at the walls. He kissed her goodbye and attempted to do the same to Juarez, but he was now screaming his brains out. "Little tyke, you gonna grow up and be a strong man, huh?" He asked his squalling offspring as he left. 

As he opened the door of his silver car and got in, he had a strange feeling that he was being watched. He turned around. There was nothing but a cat reading a map. He blinked. The map was gone, and there was an ordinary cat sitting on his garden bench. He sighed. "Must have been a trick of the light." He muttered, pulling out of the driveway.