Chapter 13. Doubts

Andreas's P.O.V

I was just on my way to do some training with our pack warriors when my father called out to me and said "You should see this Andreas". I looked questioningly at him and he in return just motioned me to sit down next to him on our sofa. I sighed to myself because i wasn't in the mood to do anything with my father. Our relationship had been somewhat strained since my father decided to keep me home from school and let Layla live with us despite knowing that i wasn't sure if she was my true mate or not.

My father smiled at me when i took a seat next to him and i groaned inwardly because i could sense how happy he was. I frowned when i saw my mother and Layla join us in the living room too. Shouldn't Layla be at school i asked myself while looking at her and got startled when my father suddenly turned on our big screen television. Loud music suddenly started blasting through the speakers of the television and i could recognize that music anywhere because it was the same music our local television station used to announce their news.

A reporter standing in front of the front gate of the Silverstone mansion caught my attention and i decided to concentrate more on what she was talking about. I could see Layla sit up straight from the corner of my eyes when the news started and i could feel her eyes on me. What the hell is going on i asked myself and the blood drained from my face when i heard the reporter say "The billionaire Knightly Silverstone announced to us today that he divorced his husband and the love of his life Micah Lockwood due to Micah Lockwood being unfaithful to him".

I heard Layla giggle when the reporter uttered the word "Unfaithful" but i was too engrossed in the news to even look at her. The reporter then continued with "He also mentioned that Micah Lockwood is as of today not welcome at the Silverstone mansion which leaves him homeless and penniless because Micah Lockwood agreed to sign a prenuptial before they married. It looks like the real reason behind this divorce is that Micah Lockwood had an illegitimate child with someone else before they married but Knightly Silverstone didn't mention this woman's name at his press conference unfortunately".

"But we as reporters have the duty to bring you the truth so we will try to find out who this mystery woman is. One more thing that he mentioned is that he disowned one of his children because the child didn't want to leave Micah Lockwood's side. We did some investigating and discovered that Knightly Silverstone paid a surrogate mother to carry all his children so who knows when he'll change his mind and take the child back from Micah Lockwood. And what's more notable is that the couple was only married for a few months before all this happened. I guess it's true when people say that money can't buy you love".

"Knightly Silverstone has threatened to sue anyone who decides to meddle with his family's affairs so be warned because this man is the most powerful man on earth and he can destroy you with just a snap of his fingers". The reporter then shook her head and added "We'll now switch over to showing you the footage of Knightly Silverstone's press conference today. Stay tuned for more update on this story".

My father turned the television off the moment the reporter was done with her report and turned his head to look at me. I suddenly couldn't breathe anymore and buried my head in my hands. My father started caressing my back and said "Just breathe and relax Andreas". I roughly pushed my father's hands away from me then asked him angrily "How can you say that dad while knowing what this means. We will all die now if a war breaks out and trust me it will because everyone knows the king is weak without his mate. And i can't even imagine how Noah must be feeling right now"

"How can you still think about that cheater's brother while hearing for yourself what he did Andreas?" yelled Layla suddenly at me and i growled at her. My father put his hand on my shoulder to calm me down then said "Layla is your mate and not your enemy Andreas". I shook my head at my father then asked him "Do you truly believe that they are divorced dad because i don't and if you knew them like i do than you wouldn't believe it either".