Chapter 7

Naruto can't help but chuckle in amusement, making his companions look at him but didn't dare ask what was funny.

They have already gotten used to this weird behaviour.

Ever since they went back in time, Naruto's demeanor started changing slowly but visibly.

They didn't confront Naruto about it, because they knew somewhere deep down he's still the same cheerful blonde they know.

This punny, calm yet happy, evil yet kind boy in front of they is nothing more than a mask that hides what is broken.

Though, they missed his care-free personality.

Small thought aside, Sasuke has to go back at the task at hand.

Naruto and his team jumped from tree branch to tree branch while being on the lookout for a certain yellow-eyed snake man.

'Ah, speak of the devil.' Sasuke thought as he landed on a tree branch near Naruto while Sakura is above them.

"Hokage-dono, Sasuke-kun, and Sakura-chan. It's been a long time." He said with a hoarse voice.

Sasuke's eyes moved from Orochimaru to Naruto as said boy gave the man an innocent smile.

"Orochimaru, hisashiburi!" Naruto greeted the snake man.

Sasuke felt himself ease up a bit knowing that even the snake sannin has a soft spot for his Hokage then strengthening his guard after he remembered that there are other enemies in the forest.

"How's the information gathering on Zetsu going on?" Naruto asked

"It's alright. He still thinks that Obito is under his control."

"Any big plans he's making?"

"So far none. How about on your side."

Naruto frowned "Just bummed that Yuki-chan can't update much 'cause she ran out of ideas and told me to tell the people to suggest some scenes for the the next chapters." He said beforw sighing sadly.

They looked at him as if he just grew another head.

"... What are you talking about...?" Sakura asked.

Naruto snaoped out of his depression and smiled brightly at Sakura.

"Oh nothing. I just forgot to fix a certain wall. But don't worry, I'll be BARK soon. Bye!" With that he disappeared, leaving a clone in his place who suggested that they go to the tower now.

And with one last look at where Naruto was they set off to find the needed scrolls and go to the tower.