Chapter 17

Minho

I slightly bowed to the person that I called my father as he makes his way to the boarding gate, he is going to Taiwan today for a tiny weekend getaway with my mother and will only be back on Monday where they promised that they will bring lots of souvenirs back for me and Noona.

"Be safe." My sister told him and he waved at the both of us.

"Behave yourselves!!" My mother told me following my father in. I waited for a short while before leaving, I had somewhere to go to. I have to go to school to get my results since I am graduating today.

"Minho, where are you going to??" My sister called me back and I turned back.

"I'm going somewhere," I told her. "And I have a job later."

"I will go with you so that I don't need to spend money on transport." She followed me out of the airport.

"Don't you have money??" I walked to the parking lots where my motorcycle is parked in a parking space.

"Can't I ride on your motorcycle for once??" She places her hand on the pedal. "Can I do that, My Minho??" People are going to think that we are a couple...

"Fine..." I threw a spare helmet to her and she took a sniff on the inside of the helmet, she pulled away from the helmet and scrunched her nose in disgust.

"How long have you not aired it?? It smells so horrible, how many people have worn it??" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders. I really have no idea about giving this helmet to the last person. Ah, Na MiWon... But there are more people right??

"Just get on, I don't want to miss my graduation," I said getting on the motorcycle and she sat down behind me, placing her hands on my shoulders.

"I thought that you forgot that you need to graduate." She told me. "Did Na MiWon told you about it??"

"Of course not, why would I not know the day that I graduate??" I replied. "Is this how you treat your brother??"

"No, I'm just glad that you heeded my advice of stopping to hang out with those guys. Did you see how happy Appa is earlier??"

I stopped hanging out with them after my last exam, I never told them that I didn't want to hang out with them anymore. I will tell them when I have the time, I just want to be me for now. Being a gangster is tiring and I want to be a normal person again. I wonder how would Na MiWon react to me being someone like her. I want her to see a new side of me, the normal side not the gangster side.

"Didn't bother to see his face, what do you want to have later??" I changed the subject.

"Why?? Are you going to buy me food??" Her tone increases upon mentioning that I will buy food for her. "Since when you are that kind??" Are you fucking blind??

I don't need to tell her, she knows as she is my sister. She practically lived her two-thirds of her life with me before I decide to live on my own. "But you have to pay me for that, you can't be a freeloader if you are going to stay in my apartment," I told her.

"I'm not staying in your apartment for the weekend."

"You sure are because--" I stopped talking as I witnessed the scene that was unfolded in front of me. There was fire all around, a taxi overturned and I could smell the petrol leaking even though I'm like 10 meters away from it.

There has been a car accident. "Because of what??" I ignored her question and walked to the site where the car accident happened and there was an arm hanging out of the window.

"This must have just happened a while ago, I will call the police and the ambulance." My sister told me and went to make calls while I walked closer to the taxi. The windows were shattered and there were blood stains on it, increasing the seriousness of the whole situation. There were two people in the taxi, a female passenger and the taxi driver himself.

I used whatever tools that could at least help to get them out of the car before anything serious happens and two people might die as a result. I used a pole that I found somewhere along the road and broke the windows even more so that I could get the casualties safely.

I carried the female passenger first as she was not wearing a seatbelt so she is the easiest to rescue. Her face was deeply scarred by the glass pieces but there was a hint of familiarity despite the fact that she was injured. I laid her on the road as that was the only thing that I can think of in such a dangerous situation and I carried out the taxi driver successfully, placing him next to her.

Noona placed a hand on my shoulder. "I have already called the police and the ambulance, they should be arriving soon as what they promised." She told me and looked at the two victims. "Who could be so cruel to do this?? They could've died if you didn't do anything."

I shrugged my shoulders and focused on the lady that I rescued earlier, I can't stop thinking of her identity ever since I looked at her injuries and the fact that she is in the car alone with the taxi driver. I pushed her hair to the side so that I can see her face clearly and my legs went jelly.

It can't be... I waited for the ambulance to arrive and I got on the ambulance and I placed my hand on hers the whole time, praying for her to get better. How can someone do that to my poor MiWon?? I must make the culprit pay for what he has done.