Chapter 46

SungJong

"I'll scout out all of the abandoned garages and you, scout out all the abandoned factories, even the small ones." Minho turned towards JiHoon. "And JiHoon, you can scout out all the abandoned offices, don't miss out a single one of them."

The two of us nodded. "Be careful, do tell us your whereabouts as soon as you find Miwon ssi," I told him and he immediately ran off, I grabbed JiHoon's arm right before he walked off as well. "Stay here with me and don't go anywhere, we will scout the location together."

"But I thought that Minho wanted us to speed up so that we can find Na Miwon even faster? Why are you stopping me from doing that?" He asked, eyebrows frowning and he stares at me intensely, telling me off with his eyes.

"That is what Song Minho wants us to do but I know his true intentions for doing that, you do know how reckless he is right? No matter how many years he had left that gang, he would still remember the people and Nam Daehwan is one of the gang members that he associated himself with. Seeing by his personality, he is planning to mislead us to somewhere else far away from him so that we can't stop him from doing anything stupid."

I wouldn't have said that if I hadn't known Minho well enough to consider him one of my closest friends alongside with JiHoon whom Minho introduced to me later on, I have known him for the past 3 years ever since I first met him at that hotel where I worked most of my shifts there. I started working there at the beginning of year 3 in high school to earn some extra allowance for myself and also to gain some independence, I remembered myself being clueless about everything about my job but I was positive enough to not care about that, I wasn't afraid to let the seniors scold me if I have done anything wrong because I will still get to learn from them anyway.

Minho joined the crew a month later and I remembered him being the quiet and scary coworker who doesn't make any conversation with anyone in the crew, but he is fast and efficient with his work. I have tried making multiple attempts to get to know him, despite me being afraid that he might break me into half if I offended him. It took me another month to try to get close to him but it is to no avail, until the day where one of the cleaning ladies wasn't available to work due to a high fever and I saw that as an opportunity to talk to Song Minho.

And I did, he refused to take up the job at first but after I have mentioned that he would earn some money from the extra job that I actually took it from my own money, there isn't such a job in the first place and he doesn't know about it until now, I kept the secret very well and I told all the others who were on the same shift as the two of us to not tell Minho.

And so, he doesn't realize that I was pulling all the strings to get close to him and then becoming his friend a few months later, even though it took him a very long time for him to get comfortable with me. Now, he is so used to me that he frequently visits me at my workplace and we would go for our smoke breaks together since we work in the same area.

And I didn't start smoking because he was also smoking as well, I actually started smoking a long time ago since I was 15 and I hid it from everyone that no one ever knew that I smoked until Song Minho caught me with a cigarette in my mouth when he was going for a smoke break and I almost spit it out and ran away from him forever when he just came over and asked if I have a lighter because he has misplaced his.

That was what made me want to be his friend for life, he didn't try to tell the others about it and he was respectful about my life choices, even though there was once he wanted to convince me to stop smoking with him so that Miwon will wake up from her coma, it is touching of him to do that for the person that he loved but he didn't manage to stop smoking and he had restricted him to smoke lesser over the years.

I admire him for all the things that he does for Na Miwon and I hope that she gets rescued out quickly so that he can relax for once, this whole kidnapping thing has made him want to sacrifice himself for Na Miwon but then, I don't want him to. He is trying to be a hero and that is not cool of him to do that, a hero doesn't die for the one that he loves, he saves the one that he loved and survives as well.

"He is such an idiot and he is going to die in vain if we don't help him at all. Do you get what I am trying to do right now?" JiHoon nodded and I smiled. "If we don't want our dear friend to die without saving his princess, we would do whatever it takes to save his princess and we will do exactly that. We can die but our prince Minho can't die without saving his princess, he is the main character in this story and we have to fulfil that mission."

He sheds a tear and he wiped it away. "Got it! What's the first step?" He asked and I showed him the screen on my phone, it is showing the GPS map and there is a prominent red dot on the right of the map. "What is that?"

"Before he left us, I hacked into his phone and tracked down the GPS of his phone and now the only way is to find him according to where the red dot is at." A second red dot appeared on the mat. "That is Na Miwon's phone and he is getting closer to his whereabouts for some reason."

"Why?" JiHoon asked naturally.

"Because that wasn't Na Miwon, it was Nam Daehwan, she can't use her phone when she is being kidnapped."