Chapter Fifty-eight: Her name was Juniper Crow

Her name was Juniper Crow.

And she was a member of the Onyx League.

Juniper had been supporting the League's noble cause for years, managing and planning missions from the safety of the HQ.

The Onyx League Headquarters was an astonishing place.

Astonishing in the sense that it was connected to everything, and yet also remote - concealed in the middle of nowhere.

Even Juniper herself, a highly ranking Onyx Officer, didn't know where the HQ was located.

Only one group of people knew where the center of the League's might was in the world: the Forum.

The Forum was mysterious, as mysterious to the Onyx Officers as the entire League was to the Psionic public.

Nobody knew how many members of the Onyx League were in the Forum, or who they were.

And yet, they held all the power and knowledge of the League itself.

Juniper remembered her very first time at the HQ.

Exactly two years before, she had requested to join the League. Her request had been granted.

The two years that followed were filled with hard work.

First, she had to vanish from society.

That was probably the easiest part. She despised her previous life, and was only too eager to leave it far behind.

She had been born to abusive, alcoholic parents. At five years of age, her sister had drowned.

Well, that's what they said.

Juniper knew the truth.

She knew that her parents had beaten her to death by the edge of the lake, and then disposed of the evidence.

Juniper's parents restricted her from getting a good education. So desperately, she wanted to be a part of Psionic Academy.

It was prestigious and well-funded, a haven of learning and knowledge with a supportive community.

Of course, her parents hadn't allowed her to take the entry exam.

Juniper was a smart girl.

She knew that.

Juniper knew that she was sharp, ambitious, and a fast learner.

But her parents didn't see that. And they didn't teach her anything, didn't help her in school.

The elementary school that Juniper went to was downright terrible. She had imagine school as a place where she could escape her parents and learn about the world.

In reality, it was an underfunded place, with uncaring teachers and bullies that tormented her endlessly.

Her parents just made that worse.

They saw a disappointing girl that had to be locked at home and tortured.

Sylver here! I hope you enjoyed this new part of Psionic Academy. New character, new layers, and a new dark plot. 
What do you think will happen next? Please make sure to leave your thoughts on it in the comments - and stay tuned for more upcoming chapters of Psionic Academy!

If you've enjoyed reading this story, don't forget to vote, comment and add it to your reading lists. If you have any tips on how I can improve my writing, or what I did well this time, please feel free to tell me. Thanks for reading!