Reunited (Valencia Kull & Alecksander Power)

(A/N Alecks parts are bold, Valencia is normal text
Link: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=515)

Alecks had been missing his childhood friend, Valencia Kull. He was born in Waterford, Ireland, and he desperately missed the country and the friends he had made there. Tyler Cottrell and Valencia were his closest friends, ever. During the sorting ceremony, Alecks had heard her name. He had looked up from the table where he had been squashed and saw her, up there on the stool. Instead of the lilac hair that she had worn oh so perfectly, Alecks saw that she had made it a rainbow. He was ecstatic when he heard the hat yell out Ravenclaw. They could be together now.

Alecks sits in one of the recliners in the common room, just waiting to see the rainbow hair he had seen at the ceremony. And since he loves to sing, that's exactly what he did while he waited. He sang the song he and Valencia called theirs.

"I see no changes, wake up in the morning and I ask myself

Is life worth livin'? Should I blast myself?

I'm tired of bein' poor and, even worse, I'm black

My stomach hurts so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch

Cops give a damn about a negro

Pull the trigger, kill a nigga, he's a hero

'Give the crack to the kids, who the hell cares?

One less hungry mouth on the welfare!'

First ship 'em dope and let 'em deal to brothers

Give 'em guns, step back, watch 'em kill each other

'It's time to fight back,' that's what Huey said

Two shots in the dark, now Huey's dead

I got love for my brother

But we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other

We gotta start makin' changes

Learn to see me as a brother instead of two distant strangers

And that's how it's supposed to be

How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?

I'd love to go back to when we played as kids

But things change... and that's the way it is"

I walk up to the large door that leads to the Ravenclaw common room.

"Forward I am heavy. Backwards I'm not. What am I?"

I stand and think. 'What is heavy when forward? Wait...a ton? No...that can't be it. It's clever, not easy. Backwards I'm not...backwards...not...n-o-t backwards is t- o- n! Maybe it is ton!'

"Is it a ton?"

The door slides open and the first thing I see is Alecks, sitting in a recliner with the purple hair we had dyed our hair before he left. His eyes are closed, as always when he sings, so I sneak up behind him. And once I can hear him, tears prickle my eyes. He is singing Change, by 2pac. It's our song. I listen for a minute until I hear him take a breath, right where I would pick up whenever we sang it together. And you know what I did? I picked up my lyrics and sang, well, rapped my part. The chorus is always silent with us, because we never really found a reason to sing it.