I

New character:
Payton List as Ava

New character:Payton List as Ava

Lucy's P

Lucy's P.O.V.

Anther day off hell, or as most people like to call it, high school.
It's not like I have it bad. I'm not a looser, or a nerd, or an outcast. In fact I hang out with the popular kids, sit at the popular lunch table and go to all the parties popular kids throw. It wasn't always like this ofcourse. I only became popular after Jasmine moved to Queensville. Jasmine immediately became popular, and since I was her first friend in this new town I got sucked into the popular world too. Before I met Jasmine I was just like everybody else. I was a quiet, invisible girl. Back then I only had one friend, Adam. About the same time Jasmine moved to Queensville, Adam joined the football team. Both of us used to be nobodies and now Adam's in the football team and one of the school jocks and I'm a cheerleader.
So no, I don't have it bad at all. I have everything a girl could want. But I still hate it, the school, the fake people. I love Jasmine with all of my heart, but I know that if it weren't for her I wouldn't be in the cheer squad, I wouldn't get invited to all the cool parties and I wouldn't have been sitting at the table, laughing with Samantha O'Riley, the most popular girl in school, the girl who didn't know I existed untill Jasmine moved to town.

Samantha said something funny and the laughter of the rest of the cheer squad sitting at our table shook me from my thaughts

"Jasmine, Lucy you have to come", that's when i realised I wasn't listening to the conversation. I just looked blankly at Samantha's face and she laughed realizing I wasn't listening.

"There's an Arctic Monkeys concert just outside of Queensville" Samantha said smiling.

"None of you listen to Arctic Monkeys", I said. And it was true. Why would they go if they don't like them?

"Yeah but there will be hot boys from other towns and other schools and we can get drunk a hook up with them.", Jasmine added all excited at the thaught of making out with a guy she never met.

"You have to come", Ava, one of the cheerleaders added.

"Won't there be West side kids there?", I always tried to stay away from the West side kids. I've only seen them a couple times a little outside of Queensville.

"Yeah but we won't be in Queensville. As long as we don't go to the West side and they don't come here we're okay. We just have to ignore them if we run into them.", Samantha said as she straightened up, looked away from me and turned to a group of boys approaching our table. Adam with them.

"Hi", adam said sitting down at our table."What are we talking about?"

Ava started talking before he could even finish the question,"We're going to the Arctic Monkeys concert this weekend, Omg you should totally come it's gonna be so fun!",She was talking so fast that I barely understood her. She was also making her crush on Adam even more obvious than it already was.

Everybody knew about her crush because she wasn't very subtle in her flirting. Adam told me that even he knew about it and he didn't feel the same way. And for some reason I didn't feel sorry for Ava, even though I should, we're friends.

"He should come right Samantha?", Ava spoke again turning to Samantha who just nodded uninterested. It really bugged me that Ava, and sometimes even Jasmine, needed Samantha's approval for everything.

 It really bugged me that Ava, and sometimes even Jasmine, needed Samantha's approval for everything

"Sure, I'll come", Adam laughed out.

And when Ava jumped from her seat and hugged him he just turned his head to me and gave me his 'please save me' look.

Thankfully I didn't have to do that because the bell rang and everybody was on their feet heading to their next class.