Chapter 1 - The Last Day of School

Ashley was startled awake by her alarm. She reached over and pressed snooze, she didn't want to wake up. She drifted in and out of sleep before she remembered, today is the last day of school! She sat up and jumped out of bed, pushed her puffy black bangs out of her eyes and got dressed. She slapped on her eyeliner and mascara as she wiggled into her black skinny jeans. She smiled as she remembered she was going to Warped Tour tomorrow with her best friend, Violet. The school bus pulled up to her house as she put on her converse and grabbed her backpack. Ashley trotted out her door and into the bus, searching for Violet, who was sitting next to one of the emo boys. Ashley sighed and sat in the seat behind her. Violet's always been more popular than me, she thought as she pulled out her earphones and started listening to her favorite band, Blood On The Dance Floor. Ashley sighed of adoration at the album cover picture of Dahvie Vanity. She seemed to forget all her problems as she listened to the beat. Ashley was abruptly shaken out of her trance by Violet leaning over the back of her seat and poking Ashley's cheek. Ashley pulled out her earphones, "what..?" Violet smiled and pointed to the seat next to her. Ashley looked at her and raised her eyebrows. Violet sighed, "come sit with me, silly!" She grabbed her bag and skipped over to Violet's seat, plopping down onto the hard seat. Violet squished Ashley violently in her arms and let out a small squeak. Ashely smiled and giggled, "what?" Violet looked over at the boy she was sitting next to and whispered, "I think he likes me..." She smiled, "don't tell anybody!" Ashley rolled her eyes, "all the boys like you Violet," she looked at her, "and of course I won't tell anyone, you're my best friend." Violet hugged her tighter, "I love youuu," she gasped, "what song were you listening to?" Ashley pulled her phone out of her pocket, "you know," she smiled widely. Violet laughed, "I know it's Dahvie!!" Ashley showed her the picture and Violet snatched her phone and kissed it. Ashley stole it back, "he's mine!" She giggled. The bus stopped and the doors opened. Students piled out onto the campus. Ashley and Violet finally stepped out of the bus, after a long fight over Dahvie.