Writer's Block

Writer's Block. Don't we all just love it? Wrong. It's our enemy. We avoid it at all costs, and yet it always gets us.

It's a natural issue for all writers. I get it. You get it. J.K. Rowling gets it. We all get it! More importantly, we all hate it. It brings us down, and sometimes it causes writers to stop writing.

It's an issue that I am here to help you with.

Writer's Block is caused by many things. Some people are scared to put themselves out there. Sometimes it's just simply not the right time, and you just need inspiration. Or maybe you're like me and you're a perfectionist. If I don't think it's perfect I get really worked up. I don't like this one sentence I'm working on, and suddenly I have no inspiration to even continue writing.

There are a lot of causes of Writer's Block, but the solutions are what you're probably here for.

My solution to it, is simply waiting for the inspiration to hit you. It's not a very good one, but it typically works pretty fast. If I don't have any inspiration at all, then I'll wait it out. Inspiration can come to you in the most random situations. I've gotten a good amount of my inspiration by just sitting in class daydreaming. Sometimes I get inspiration by doing chores, or trying to fall asleep. It's random, but it works. However it's important that you don't spend all your time on this one tip. Maybe you struggle with inspiration, and it takes you months to get just a little. You can not drag this tip out.

There are also much faster solutions to finding inspiration.

A new environment:
Get out of your house! You could go on a run, or go to the park. It doesn't matter, but the outdoors are filled with ideas. Here's an idea, next time you're in a car – and not driving! – look out the window. Watch the trees go by. Watch other cars zoom past you.
I'm telling you, anything can happen and an idea will just strike you.

Listen to music:
Put some music on, and listen to the lyrics.
Whenever I'm looking to start a new story, I focus on a particular song. For instance, my story Dancing In The Rain, was inspired by Dancing On My Own by Calum Scott. Music is a great way to cure Writer's Block.

Read quotes:
Quotes come in all different forms. They can be about something sad, happy, funny, they can be about love, or even Harry Potter.
I have stories inspired by quotes I've read, and I'm sure a lot of writers have quote inspired stories. Quotes are amazing and emotional.
Now self promotion, but I've got a book of quotes I post daily if you'd like to find some inspiration.

Read a book:
Try reading someone else's book. It could be an actual book, or a book from Wattpad. But as long as it's a book, you could find inspiration.
Books are filled with ideas. You could read about something really cool, and put your own spin on it in your own book. Books are very inspirational.

Those are the best cures for Writer's Block I know, and I really hope they work for you all.

(By Tuft)