Limits For Your OC

YOUR OC IS NOT A PERFECT WIZARD BY AGE ELEVEN! If your character is casting spells that aren't offered in first year that are complex and difficult, your story is unrealistic. Wizards and witches aren't allowed to use magic until they start at Hogwarts, so having them show up in their first year and casting a patronus is very, VERY, unrealistic.

Also, a flawless oc is just horrible. We all have flaws and if an oc is all perfect and great at everything I'll most likely stop reading a story because of it. It's boring and diminishes the other characters. Have your original characters have flaws! They need to mess up because it shows they are human. They don't need to be the only ones to save the day, it can be a team effort!

It's EXTREMELY tiring to see a female oc who all the boys are falling in love with, who know every spell, can make any potion, talk to animals, defeat a dark wizard on a moments notice, get perfect grades, is incredibly kind, and every other over-powered attribute someone can have. It's boring and once again, I can't stretch this enough, UNREALISTIC!

Try to base your character off of someone you know, for example, this is my friend but I won't reveal her name.

She's kind, funny, and extroverted. Her personality is approachable and sweet. Intelligence wise, she isn't a genius but she isn't dumb. In a group, she's the one people approach.

She's also naive, she does struggle in some aspects of school. She can forgive people in a heart beat and will often be busy with all of her friends.

BAM! A character who is nice but has flaws.

(By Vixen)