CHAPTER 7

MAX'S POV

I look around frantically. Not even being able to fathom what just happened.

"JANE?" I yell loudly only to hear the sound of my voice echo through the huge house, "JANE WHERE DID YOU GO, PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE MESSING WITH ME," I say as I look like a dog chasing my own tail trying to convince myself that Jane didn't pass. But after about 10 minutes of searching every inch of Cadence Manor, I know she's gone.

I get into my car that was once cold because of Jane but is now replaced by the sun making my car warm and cozy. I begin to drive down to work, I am still shaken up by what just happened but I know if I don't show up to work I'll get fired.

I quickly park and clock into my shift, out of the corner of my eye I see my boss walking over to me.

"Good afternoon, Max." he says "Could you get started on floor stock?" He asks while backing up into the kitchen. Well It's just as I pictured it to be. I walk through the diner and collect all the sugar and straw dispensers off the tables, I bring them to the bar and slowly, one by one, fill the sugar and straws till full.

No more Jane means no more excitement in my life, but I know she's happy and probably making out with Harry while walking along the gold streets of the afterlife. I cringe at my own thought, and focus my attention onto the hockey game playing on the screen above me. I love you Jane Marx, I always have, and always will.

JANES POV

I open my eyes slowly to examine my surroundings, Green fields and stones surround me when I finally realize I'm at the cemetery. What the hell. Grass tickles my arms and legs and a thich breeze hits my face. Then I realize that it worked. Max's kiss made him forgive himself and it let me pass on to the afterlife. I can feel again! I quickly stand up and start to touch everything in sight, headstones, trees, and dandelions that line the hills of the cemetery. But if I really am in the afterlife why did I end up in the cemetery?

I start to walk along the path I used to take all the time to talk to Em and Harry. As I make my way closer to the entrance of the cemetery I see a small chubby little boy with blonde hair and freckles spotted onto his face, "WESLEY!" I yell out of excitement running towards him. He whips around and meets my eyes looking excited yet confused to see me.

"Jane? What on earth are you doing here? I-I don't understand," He says furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"I'm finally here Wesley! I made it to the afterlife!" I smile wide picking him up and hugging him tightly.

He returns a toothy smile and wraps his arms around my neck, I set him down carefully and we both sit on the nearest bench.

"So what are you doing at the cemetery? Shouldn't you be exploring every golden playset or making daisy chains with Em?" I question him. A small frown appears on his face.

"Well the thing is, I check back here everyday and wait for Em, but she hasn't come yet," He shrugs. "I've been waiting till the day I passed," He says looking into my eyes.

"Well she passed just about a week before I did. That's strange she hasn't come here though to see you, have you checked her house to see if she's there?" I say trying to give this little boy an ounce of hope.

"Well I asked Harry if he knew where her house was, but he told me no and that he's too busy with his grandmother anyways," Wesley says swinging his feet back and forth.

His words register in my mind when I realize he's talking about Harry. I can finally see the boy I love.

"Wesley, where is Harry?" I ask.