-Prologue-

Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.

〮T H E  W I L D 〮

ly·can·thrope [lahy-kan-thruh-pee] noun

1. a delusion in which one imagines oneself to be a wolf or other wild animal.

2. the supposed or fabled assumption of the appearance of a wolf by a human being.  

Being a werewolf, or a lycanthrope, isn't so much a delusion as it is a state of being that manifests into a physical change. It's hereditary. It's family. It's life. Werewolves band together and no matter where your roots begin, they end with the pack. As far as anyone knows, it's just a myth. That shapeshifting is a complete and utter fantasy derived from folklore and written about for centuries upon centuries upon centuries.

And perhaps that's true. Perhaps this entire cultural history is false, and that feeling a connection to one another through some animalistic mindset is just another absurdity.

If all of this is true, though, and we really should be afraid of something bigger than the monsters under our beds as children, then this could be it. Wolves as we know now aren't what the wild are. The wild are more than that. Romance isn't so much a concern as it is an inconvenience, and alphas are just a title that enslaves them into an everlasting fear of one day finding romance and discovering what it is to love. Alphas simply keep the peace, and unite a pack through the delusion that each and every lycanthrope isn't insane, and they don't have to be trapped in the wilderness and in the bodies of beasts. 

But female alphas? Those are the ones they have to fear.

Welcome to the wild.