Chapter 2

The next morning Yvette awoke before anyone else in Kattegat - Though it's not like the girl had much sleep anyways - and she decided that to clear her head she would take a small stroll along the banks of the water

Yvette let out a moan of pleasure as her bare feet made contact with the cold sand. This was a first for her - being on a beach - she had always been within the lands on open fields of rolling hills. This scenery was all new to her and she hadn't the time to enjoy it over the events that happened. Yvette edged forward into the water, ever so slightly letting soft waves hit the tips of her toes. Her eyes closed, and a content sign left her mouth. This maybe a perk for staying here.

"How is the water?" Ubbe spoke up behind Yvette, nearly scaring the girl out of her dress. Quickly he raised his hands in surrender. Yvette only nodded with a smile, a silent way of granting him access to further towards her.

"I've never seen a sigh as such." Yvette giggled and a rosy blush crept upon her cheeks.

"Don't have beaches in France?"

"We do, of course. But I had never seen one before, where I usually spend most of my time in the palace." Yvette explained to Ubbe. He smiled at her beauty, as the simple way the sun was kissing her skin and setting off a magical glow. Secretly, he was preying that he was the one to marry her.

"That doesn't sound like much of a life." Ubbe quoted. He now stood beside the young girl, taking in her features.

"It was enough for me."

"I know you don't want this, I know you think lowly of us and that's okay but at least give us a try?" Ubbes words rang into Yvette's ears like church bells. Maybe he had a point. Maybe he was right in a way of seeing things. Maybe she did need to give them a chance, all of them a chance and not just her future husband the benefit of the doubt but everyone here in Kattegat; but how could she when all she could think about was what they have done - and continue to do to England and possibly shortly France.

"Yvette, may I walk you back to the great hall. My mother is already in there." 

"Of course." Yvette smiled. She was quick to walk toward Ubbe and gracefully walk beside him toward the great hall.

Yvette found herself starting to like the company of Ubbe. Of course she had only met him yesterday but from the rare occasions these two have had the sweet time together; Ubbe was by far the sweetest to her. If she could just look past the Heathen part she might even consider falling in love in with him.

At the great hall Yvette felt unsure and honestly quite scared. Instead of there only being the Sons of Ragnar, Aslaug, and herself in the room like the night before there was  a whole hall full of men and woman. Ubbe noticed her stiffness and immediately put his hand on her back as a kind gesture. He didn't know if she would push him away but was quite pleased when she didn't.

A few moments later the two stumbled up to the table and took their places. Similar to the places they sat at the night before only on different sides - and in stead of Ubbe seating next to her it was Hvitserk but he has yet to pay her any attention and Yvette wondered why? Had she not struck his attention at all? Or was she merely not his type, though that sounds unlikely as the stories she's heard of him he practically likes any woman who will have him.
"How did you sleep Yvette?" Aslaug's voice spoke up, getting Yvette's attention from her thoughts.

"It was good, thank you." Yvette only smiled toward her and began to eat her breakfast. Yvette's world had fallen silent, her ears weren't listening to the chatter around her and her mind was on a certain blonde boy beside her. She was frankly quite curious as to why he had yet made a smooth move on to her like the others - well ubbe.

Ubbe had made it very noticeable that he found Yvette interesting and she was quickly to notice his eyes. Ubbes eyes would spark something within and they would travel down her frame. Ubbe was the nicest, and more responsible of the sons Yvette had met and if she where to marry him Yvette didn't think she would have a huge problem with it - honestly if it wasn't for him being a Heathen Yvette could find happiness within him.

Hvitserk on the other hand hadn't even made the slightest move on her - let alone take a second glance her way - Yvette was sure the only time she saw him even looked in her direction was last night when Aslaug had address the situation of why she was even here. Other than a quick, unpleasant glance he had paid no mind to her. What was it about her that had him to turned away from her?

"What do you say, little Christian?" Ivar's voice bounced in her ears. She looked up from her food and a dazed expression was clear on her face. Hvitserk was immediate to roll his eyes and quick to snag a remark toward Ivar, he knew Yvette had not been listening to the chatter between the brothers and to lessen embarrassment Ivar was surely to cast upon the tiny girl hvitserk took it among himself to take the blow.

"Leave her -" before hvitserk could even finish the words spilling from his lips, Ivar was quick to quite him

"I want to hear what she has to say, dear brother. I want to know her thoughts on having us share her in the bedroom."

Yvette choked up, her face turning a crimson color, while her eyes nearly popped out of her head. "Sharing me?"

"Ivar, stop." Ubbe insists. Ivar only found the situation funny and was enjoying the look upon Yvette's face.

"No, no, no, please I insist. Tell me what you think, how would you prefer we take you sweet little Christian?"

"I doubt you can even satisfy her Ivar, I'll put a wager on it that you can't even get your prick to work." Sigurd torted back. Ivar fumed with rage, his hands tighten on the goblet in his hands till his knuckles turned white. Yvette felt the air around suddenly stiffen and she feared ivar might strike Sigurd dead where he stands.

"Enough, all of you." To Yvette's satisfion Aslaug spoke and all eyes where on her. "You will only share Yvette, if Yvette will allow you to do so." She herself didn't care what become of Yvette but she did however care of what will become of her sons so in this decision making process she had weighted every out and felt she came to the best one "I have my answer on who of my sons will marry you in two moons."

A heavy silence fell upon everyone and all eyes where still locked onto Aslaug as she spoke the final words that destroyed Yvette's whole world. These final words would lock in Yvette for the rest of her life.

"hvitserk, it's you my son."