History

The first place we went to was the girls dormitories so I could change into my school uniform.

“So this is my room but you’ll be staying here too.” Auzu walked over to one of the two beds and sat down. I looked around the room for a place to put my bag and uniform.

“Umm where do I …”

“Your bed is over there and the bathrooms over there.” Anzu pointed to the bed on the far side of the room under the small window and then to the white door on the left side of the room.

“Thanks.” I put my stuff on my bed and went to the bathroom with my uniform bag.

“What do you think of the uniform?” Anzu laughed.

I opened the plastic bag and took out a white button up short sleeved shirt, a pale yellow woollen vest and a light grey skirt with matching knee length socks and black T-bars and a red bow.

“Umm it looks great.”

I heard Anzu laughed and I came out of the bathroom fully dressed in my uniform. Anzu laughed harder and rolled backwards on her bed, I frowned and walked over to the full length mirror on the front of the wardrobe door.

“Hmm.” I frowned at the sight.

“Yellows not really your colour is it.” Anzu said after she calmed down from her laughing fit.

“No it never has been.” I said dismissively, I looked at the vest and the tie before taking them off leaving me with the shirt, skirt, socks and T-bars. I looked at the mirror again and smiled at the result.

“Not bad, better then what it was.”

Anzu nodded in agreement.

“Yeah.” She smiled, “So what class do you have?”

“History.” I turned and around and was surprised as she handed me my books and time table.

“Then let us be off.”

I smiled and followed her out of the room and down the stairs to the main hall. Now that I was in the school uniform people weren’t staring at me as much but I still got a few glances every now and then. The history room was in the front half of the school five minutes away from the girls dorms, we weren’t the last people to arrive but we were close.

“Excuse me Mr Sato.” Anzu approached a grey haired man in is late forties, “Narikos new here.”

Mr Sato looked up from his papers at me.

“So you’re Miss Hidaku.”

“Yes.” I bowed slightly.

“Well we’ve been looking at this subject for two weeks so just do what you can.” Mr Sato said warmly.

“Ok thank you.”

“Anzu help Nariko catch up.”

“I will.” Anzu walked over to an empty seat and placed her book down, I followed her and put my books down next to her and we sat down. Mr Sato stood and turned to address the class.

“Today we will be picking up where we left off with the Russian Revolution.”

I tried to keep a straight face but on the inside I was smiling ‘this will be easy.’ You see three years ago I was in Russia with my Mother and learnt all about this stuff while I was there.

“So can anyone tell me about the 1917 October revolution?”

Most of the class groaned, Anzu leaned forward and let her head hit her books with a thud.

My head was streaming with information about the October Revolution but didn’t want people to think of me as a show off on my first day. Finally someone did put their hand up.

“Ah yes Mr Yagami.”

I turned around and saw a boy standing at the back of the classroom, he was in normal boys school uniform; white short sleeved shirt, yellow woollen vest, grey pants and black shoes. His hair was an orange brown the hung loosely but neatly around his eyes. Yagami stood tall and he spoke and distinctively as if he believed his word should be taken as gospel.            

“The October Revolution was led by Vladimir Lenin and was based upon Lenin's writing on the ideas of Karl Marx, a political ideology often known as Marxism-Leninism. It marked the beginning of the spread of communism in the twentieth century. It was far less sporadic than the revolution of February and came about as the result of deliberate planning and coordinated activity to that end.” Yagami took a seat and continued to look through a book he had.

“Good work Yagame.” Mr. Sato nodded in approval, “but then again I shouldn’t be surprised.”

I was impresses. I turned back the front as Mr Sato started speaking again.

“Now I would like you to read chapters four to five in your books and be sure to pay attention, we will be having a test in two weeks’ time.”

The class moaned again as they pulled out their books, Anzu took out her book and looked at me.

“Do you need any help getting ready for the test?”

“No I’m fine thanks.” I whispered back.

“Well I’m not.” Anzu groaned.

“Do you want me to help you?” I whispered with a smiled.

Anzu smiled at me innocently.

“Would you, I can’t remember anything from these books.”

“Sure you read and I’ll take the notes.”

Anzu smiled and turned her attention back to her book and I turned my attention back to mine.