Chapter 2

"@SpeakComedy: The wife and I just got divorced. We split the house. I got the outside."

>>>>>>

Chapter 2

Present time,

"How did my life end up here?" I just sighed, sitting in my office and oblivious to the stare being given to me by my best friend Stacy.

She first looked at me like I was crazy causing me to roll my eyes thinking, "Here we go again with the lectures..."

"I heard that!" She snapped at me in my mind then started lecturing me.

"Sonia Clemton how can you even say that!"

"First you have your dream job being a medical surgeon, you own a nice house and you're an attractive woman with whom men are always swooning at."

She then paused for a minute...

"Can't you see, you have a perfect life."

After saying those words, she left the room leaving those words hanging in my mind.

However, if only she knew of my past, then she would understand me.

I then thought of the two moments in the past which had greatly affected me.

**********13-year-old me, in the past...**********

"Sonia!" a beautiful black-haired lady called out while walking and searching around everywhere in this little cabin house for the most precious thing to her.

Sniff...sniff...sniff

"Sonia where are you my dear, and are you crying?"

"I'm here grandma, under the table." replied the little 13-year-old me.

"What's with all the tears my dear?" she then said joining me under the huge table and putting me on her lap.

"Grandma I can't tell you." the 13-year-old me answered with more tears now flowing down. Grandma then used her hand to gently wipe them away.

"Why not, but you promised to tell me anything remember." she cheekily responded me.

"Promise you won't make fun of me." I asked her and she nodded her head even doing the pinkie swear.

"Yesterday while watching my favorite movie Aladdin, I started imagining myself as Princess Jasmine's pet, the Tiger just for fun. Something weird then occurred, I actually turned into...." I looked at her as she gave me a nod to continue. "A. real-life tiger!."

After saying that I closed my eyes while waiting for her to laugh at me like the other kids did but I heard nothing of that sort. No laughter or her making fun of me.

"I believe you." she then said, causing me to open my eyes and look at her.

"Why?" I asked her in a surprised voice. Everyone else had been so mean and said I was making stuff up when I was not.

At school, the only friend I had told, had gossiped to the whole school and now I was being called a freak.

"Sonia for you to understand, let me tell you a story."

"A long time ago your an ancestor of ours did an honorable and heroic thing by saving a special being. That magical being rewarded her with a special gift for that."

"What was the special gift grandma?" I interrupted her while she was still talking.

"The special gift was that in our bloodline after every 1000 years that passed if the first-born child was a girl, she would inherit supernatural powers."