Weather

You know the feeling of joy and peace when you hear the pitter patter of the clear drops from the sky.

That feeling of rushing out of the door, then getting hit by large cold wet drops from above.

The chill, brisk wind that traces every inch of your body sending a shock of comfort.

This is the feeling you get when there is a storm above you for a couple days,

My storm was a couple months.

It started in the month i met him..no..it was the month we finally became, something.

Everyday it seemed to rain and i was embraced by the cold every second.

Anytime i saw him, his arctic, fierce eyes gave me that feeling of joy and peace that the tear shaped water provided.

Anytime someone mentioned him i had the feeling to rush out an imaginary door, ready to be impact by the frigid downpour.

Anytime he held me I felt the shock of comfort run in every vain that followed behind the intense wind.

This storm went on for months without fail.

no matter how many times i tried, to stop all truth with my umbrella.

He always kept fighting with all his strength, till one day,

One day..

That day when he was tired of fighting.

Wrestling with every one of my doubts, protecting them from the burning sun.

This was the day i slowly burned.

burning from the sun he let in, the sun he covered so well for so long.

The sun he was no longer covering, due to the fatigue of saving me.   

Slowly this sun began to peek out barely, ‘til one day he was done.

That day I remembered how the sun shining all over my body had felt.

I remembered how being all alone was and how it felt to fight for yourself, again.

The sun's fiery rays not only reminded me, but it drained me of everything.

Everything, he had given me.

Drained me of the love and peace he provide that I solely depend on for months

The beaming sun drained me like a tub with it's plug being pulled.

This drain left me weak and broken

I felt like i fell to the deepest pit of hopelessness

I had no hope, no peace, no comfort, no joy..no nothing but vulnerability,

I had felt like a dehydrated lion being circled by vultures.

How was i going to fix this feeling.

How was i going to find a storm like him.

How was i going to play it off like i wasn't slowly dying inside.

How was i going to play strong in front of my family.

Was i just supposed to put my umbrella back up?

The answer was something that was there always,

Something and someone that was there even, when i felt like i needed no one else but him

The answer wasn’t the perfect storm nor the hottest day,

It was the middle ground, something that no matter what would always happen they saw underneath my umbrella.

This was family!

Family helped me find the middle ground of the storm.

The perfect weather of a sweet breeze with a nice warm sun,

They helped me stabilize myself with it's calm temperatures

They keeped it collected and  found a way to help and to please everyone.

Their love was like stepping out of cold room and being enveloped by the warm sun,

They showed comfort like the sweet feeling of drinking a cold, tall glass of lemonade.

The peace of laying in the grass staring at the clouds with the sun shining on your face,

Everything they did was like running through a bed of flowers at 5 pm singing on the top of your lungs.

This is family, this is what the did to help, this is what I needed.

This was the weather, I needed to help me back from the storm, that ripped my life away.