Other Her

Angela wasn't her groupie. She didn't want to be. Didn't-didn't want to be another one of her playthings; a phase. Didn't want to be tossed away once this era of her was over.
But she quickly found herself following Moon everywhere.
After that first night they had met, Moon convinced Angela to follow her back to her tour bus. She was already intoxicated from their time at the bar, and it didn't take much for her to submit to Moon.
Or should she say Moira?
Either way, the Star was... amazing. Experienced. Definitely.
And waking up the next day? Next to Moira and not Moon?
Amazing.
The morning sun had accentuated her facial features nicely, her sharp jaw and cheekbones glistening with the glitter that lingered. What Angela thought was strange at first—no eyebrows—was now...slowly becoming a turn on.
And her body.
When the costume was discarded Angela felt herself fawning. She was enraptured in the beauty of this woman. Unique; Her own.
She didn't follow every other standard.
Even if Moon was just an alias, part of Moira was this.
And she committed to it.
The blue hair wasn't just a wig, it was real. It was real, it was there, soft and short and sweet and smelled of stardust.
When it wasn't slicked back it was an unruly mess of blue which shined here and there from glitter.
And the makeup, though it came off, her eyebrows were gone. A symbol of the androgynous "alien" look.
And Angela? She loved it.
She felt so..boring compared to moira. She didn't see why the singer would be interested in her.
But the large hand around her waist had said otherwise.
~
Angela stood backstage, holding onto one of Moira's earrings. The singer, drunk, had handed it to her and told her, "Keep it."
Even drunk her performances were amazing. Mesmerizing and Angela couldn't help but hold the earring close to her when Moon turned towards her. The band behind her was doing some sort of solo, and those—
Those eyes.
Even from where she stood she could clearly see the mismatched eyes scanning her and marking their territory.
Moon simply let out a small chuckle, and Angela could have sworn she brought the microphone closer to her mouth when she did so.
It was...strange to think that this may be her life now. She wasn't stupid; she knew Moon could just be using her as she often did, but that didn't stop her from hoping against it. And why would Moon? Sure, they had only known each other for about a week or so, but...
She shook her head a little bit, brushing the pads of her fingers against the earring in her hand. It was cool to the touch, much like Moira.
Speaking of..
The blonde turned her attention back to Moon as she began to sing once again.
Her voice was like a song of its own; a melodic beckon that so easily allowed Angela to become entranced.
The blonde didn't fail to notice the way the Star began to sway her hips this way and that. It was hot.
So fucking hot.
Her eyes started at her feet and trailed their way up the bare legs of Moon. Covered in a light dusting of shimmer. The singer caught her hungry eyes.
Angela smiled a little bashfully and rolled her eyes at the way Moon pivoted her hips towards her.
Her smiling soon disappeared as she was once again caught up in her awe of the woman on stage. There was just..something about Moon—no.
Something about Moira.
Deep in her thoughts she failed to notice that the singing was over.
"Did you like it?"
Angela jumped at the sudden hand on her shoulder and she screwed her eyes shut. Allowed herself a small smile.
"Of course."
Just as quick as the hand was on her shoulder, it was gone again as Moon made her way past Angela and towards a bottle of water. Her long nails clicked against the plastic, sending all sorts of shivers up and down Angela's spine.
"You should perform with me some time."
She lifted the bottle to her lips and took a sip, making eye contact with Angela.
The cool water trickled down her chin and onto the floor below her. She winked—the blue eye.
Angela shook her head feverishly, raising her hands in defense.
"Oh, no no. I don't-"
Moon silenced her by approaching and placing a cold finger on her lips. It smelled of sweat and cigarettes.
"That wasn't a question. The people would love you. The press would be amazing—sex sells and if I've got you then we appeal to all audiences. You'd be rich-"
Angela turned her head away. Suddenly the smell of cigarettes and sweat was making her queasy.
"Is that all I am to you? A-are you using me for publicity?"
Moon simply rolled her eyes and plopped into a nearby chair. Grabbed a pack of cigarettes out of who knows where. Lit one. Slipped it between her lips. Puffed.
"No."
Was her answer. Short. Definitely not sweet.
"You want me, Angela. I can tell. You're not like the others."
Angela found this hard to believe given the circumstances. She leaned her weight onto one foot. Crossed her arms.
"Prove it. I don't care if you're famous or something—I-if you don't mean this, any of this, then I don't want to be under the assumption that you do."
Moon's lips contorted into a shark smile around the cigarette. Demented. Hot.
"Of course I do."
Her tone was too playful; unrealistic.
Nonetheless Angela nodded her head. She was under her trance.
Another puff of the cigarette and she tossed it onto the floor below them. She was barefoot. Stamped it out.
And Angela winced.
Moon rose to her feet and began her trek towards where she would sign autographs, knowing without a doubt that Angela would follow.
As she stood, bored and watching with disinterest at the way Moon interacted with her fans, Angela decided to go back to the Star's dressing room. She had a pass for everything now, which she was grateful for.
The room was a mess. Not in the traditional sense, mind you. Just—stuff.
Millions of different makeup palettes were scattered across the room and there were at least a hundred outfits. All flashy, showy. Sex sells. As Moira had said.
She settled in the chair that was quite obviously the one Moira did her makeup in.
She gazed in the mirror. At herself.
"We are all in the gutter. But some of us are looking at the stars." Was written on the mirror, clearly with lipstick.
She tilted her head a little; examined.
Am I..in the gutter?
She briefly thought to herself.
Or am I..looking at the stars..?