Chapter 1

CRINGE FOR DAYSSS~

______

"Hope, I know you aren't going to like this suggestion," Evie's voice sounded awkward, as if she were embarrassed. I don't know why she would feel embarrassed, we've been friends since I can remember, and plus, tonight is the premier of my new movie 'Marvin, I'm Coming'.

"Hmm..." I say happily, trying to find a necklace that matches my silk, green dress.

"Look, you need a man," she pauses, searching my face for a reaction. " I know you don't really want to see someone after last time, but you're twenty five. I'm married and have a kid, Rosa's pregnant and Annie... Well she is eyeing up Zac. But I can see that you're lonely."

" Since when was Rosa pregnant?"

"Two months ago, but that's not the point."

"I don't want to date though."

"I can see that but you're lonely."

"I-I."

"Look, Hope," she says, walking towards me and placing a hand on my shoulder."Just promise me that you'll try to make friends tonight, okay?"

"Umm... Okay, I guess."

"Good, now go out there and strut your stuff sista!"

As soon as we leave my dressing room, we are ushered away from each other and I fib myself sitting in the backseat of a sleek, black limo.

I know I have to keep Evie's promise because she won't let me forget.

As I'm driven through the streets of London, I suddenly begin to feel nervous. Why? I don't know. It's not like this is my first premier. Is it the fact that Evie wants me to make friends? I don't have social anxiety. My thoughts are interrupted when the limo stops, giving me a few moments to calm down, put on a smile and step out to the hundreds of fans that have come to see me.

----------

Don't forget to comment and vote for this story!! Feel free to leave suggestions on how I could improve this chapter :)