Chapter 2

I wake up the next morning in a black bedroom with electric blue splatters on the wall, in a fairly large bed which looks like was shared with someone.

I get up and walk down the hallway into what I assume was the kitchen, and $crim comes up from the basement scaring me as he walks up behind me.

I turn around getting ready to punch him and he grabs my fist, and I look up at him. As he grabbed my hand, I felt something... Unknown in my core. It's almost like I knew him, but quickly shook the thought.

I look at his hand over mine, at him, our hands and back at him, failing to suppress a light blush.

"You're safe here. Settle a bit..." His voice is so mellow and happy, but deep and raspy at the same time. A few seconds pass of us staring at each other and something happens, his eyes suddenly changing from a light blue to a dark shade, becoming glossy. "Faith, do you really not remember me?"

I shake my head lightly, and you could see a part of him die. "Hold on a minute..." He goes into the room I just came out of, him wearing shorts and a black shirt, then he comes out wearing black jeans, a sweater and glasses without his grill in.

Memories flood into my mind of all of the fun we had together as kids and how we were the best of friends, a variety of feelings washing over me all at once. I blink and tuck my lower lip into my mouth.

"It's Scott. Do.. Do you remember this?" He seemed almost hesitant to ask again.

"Scott..." I whisper to myself. "You've changed so much." I wrap my arms around him and at first he seems shocked, then he hugs me back. Nearly crying he looks down at me again. As we make eye contact its like everything inside us settles and we're comfortable for once, me holding onto his hands.

Moments pass and pass, when suddenly he reaches down and kisses me, two fingers under my chin and right as I'm about to pull away, Ruby comes up the stairs.

"Hey $crim I was just wonderi-Oh. Eheheh I'll leave you guys alone then..." You can hear the change of heart as he speaks. I feel terrible and I look back at Scott.

"Why'd you do that?" I search his eyes hoping for the reason I want to hear.

"I-I don't-I'm sorry.. I'll just uh..." he pulls out of my hands. "Be in my room." He walks back to his room, shutting the door. You can hear paper being torn from inside his room, and confused as to what to do, I go and talk to Ruby.

"Hey Ruby what's up?" I sit cross legged in front of his face, and hes laying on the carpet.

"Smoking my feelings away per usual, you?" He puffs on his smoke.

"Just curious... I need to get a hold of my roommate. He's probably losing his shit." He takes out his phone and lets me borrow it for a few minutes.

"Thank you. Uh, I was wondering... How am I gonna get home?" I ask him.

"We go downtown for sushi at least once every three days so within the next three days we can drop you off wherever." He seems like he's been planning.

"Alright." Minutes of silence pass. "Hey, uh, Aristos... You seemed upset that $crim kissed me." I state nervously.

He freezes completely, and then he looks at me. He sits up. "I never told you my name, how do you know it?" He stubs out his smoke.

"Sco-$crim told me. I-I don't know his name though.." I look at the ground between us.

"$crim told you my name? Or is it you finally remembering us, Faith?" He looks almost hopefully at me.

"$crim told me your name alright? I'll only refer to you as Ruby and Scott as $crim and that's that. I know you guys from nowhere, I've never seen you in my life." I fiddle with my hands.