Prologue

"The morning is grey, as it always is. Rain is lightly pouring down my window. I looked out of the window at the dark street outside my home. I never thought that I would end up here. Staring out a window, waiting for someone that would never show up. It was excessively early in the morning, but it had been my idea to do this. I had gotten everyone in on it and I could not let them down now. To be honest I do feel regret but I am not scared of what is going to happen this morning. I had it all planned out in my head, I know exactly how it is going to turn out. Unfortunately that is the reason I am here right now.
I walked down the dark streets in my thin green raincoat. I went down the 5th avenue and passed by all of the towering old buildings. After a few swift turns I could see my "end of the road". I looked at the road sign saying 6th avenue and took a deep breath, thinking the whole plan over again in my head. I went into the coffee shop, which was at the end of the avenue. It was a cold, rainy Saturday morning and the sun was hidden behind a thick layer of grey clouds. The light raindrops that drippled from the sky had covered my thick red hair and the cold had bit my cheeks all red. The air on the street of 6th avenue smelled like fall and fumes like it always did. When I got into the coffee shop the warmth from inside immediately, hit me. The smell of coffee beans burned away the fumes that had filled my nostrils and I immediately took a seat by the window. I got my phone out and opened it. I took a deep breath and stared at the unfinished message that I had been writing on for months. It was for two of my sons. I had not seen them in almost a year but I had not found the courage to write to them yet. I stared at the barely started message and wondered if I should just let it all go or just wright to them. A slamming sound suddenly came from the window of which I was sitting by. I jumped from the sudden sound and looked to my right to see what the source of the slam was, only to find Lloyd. Lloyd who was my son. I stared angrily at him for a while before giving him a smile and flipping him of at the same time. He made a sad face and then went for the coffee shop door".
"Fuck you!" I screamed at him while he took his seat opposite of me.
"Fuck you too" he said lovingly.
I laughed at his bandaged face and locked my phone with the unfinished message on.
"So when is Herman getting here?" I asked after a while of silence while he was sitting with his phone.
"He should be here any minute" said Lloyd without looking up from his phone.
"Great... that will make twenty minutes if I know him right"
That got his attention. He turned off his blinking phone and looked at me with ocean eyes. "Would you want us to get started before him?" he asked nicely.
I was considering his idea when Herman finally came storming through the door.
"Sorry I'm late guys" he said proudly, as he was Herman. He did not even sit down before he leaned over the table and whispered. "Should we get started yet?"
I looked at Lloyd with a keen smile and answered my sons question with the simple phrase.
"Get the gun out"
Herman nodded at me and started to fumble through his gym bag for the gun.
"Are you completely sure about this?" Lloyd asked, still and calm.
"This was where we met. I find it quite ironic... don't you?" I simply answered as the gunshots were fired.