Chapter 3

After leaving Ragnok's office Hadrian decided it's best to take a look into the Peverell Vault but There was one problem, Harry. How was he going to examine the Vault while holding a 1-year-old baby? luckily for him, one of the Goblins, will a female Goblin offered her Services To look after the baby while they went to go down to the vaults knowing that, one particular Vault is not safe for anyone especially a baby. Reluctantly Hadrian agreed and handed baby Harry to the .

As Griphook Was the one to show him down to that particular Vault. Hadrian stared at Griphook as he led him over to a cart. he was only going to visit the Peverell vault today. Hadrian knew that if he went into Vault 54 the Lefay Vault, that he would spend the rest of the day in there and that is a big no, he had to look after Harry. Climbing into the cart, Hadrian held on as it sped off into the depths of the bank. he savored the feeling of the wind on his face, grinning and let out a laugh of delight.

They descended deeper and deeper into the bank, passing increasingly high security vaults. After going through a magical waterfall to strip all disguises, the cart continued for another five minutes before coming to a screeching stop outside of a vault that had...nothing guarding it.

Hadrian looked at the vault in suspicion. Why would such a high-security vault not have a dragon or some other fearsome beast guarding it? Something was wrong with this picture. he glanced at Griphook, dread spreading through him at his carefully blank expression. He had a strange looking rod in his hand as he gingerly stepped out of the cart.

Hadrian followed Griphook, eyes darting around to try and locate the source of his sudden increased unease.

"Be prepared to cast fire...or the Patronus charm." Shit! Wait, Hadrian can't sense any Dementors, so what...Lethifolds...what the fuck. Was 's only thought and so glad that he left Harry in the care of the female Goblin.

tensed as rippling black cloaks drifted out of the darkness. The creatures didn't attack, however, opting to stay far away from him, making their way towards instead. That was odd Lethifolds usually attack anyone that comes into their presents but why are they ignoring me, Thought Hadrian. As he watched Griphook pressed a rune on the strange rod, a large flame leapt out, licking at the advancing creatures. They screamed, sounding far too much like a Dementor for his peace of mind. So absorbed in watching the creatures flee the flames, Hadrian was unaware of the Lethifold sneaking up behind him. His magic blared a warning, but no attack came. Instead one of the strangest things occurred. The Lethifold brushed up against his legs, simply hovering there, not actually doing anything but gently brushing against him.

"The fuck!" With a scream Hadrian leapt backwards, only to trip and fall on his ass. Griphook had whirled around at his scream, gaping at the sight that met his eyes.

The Lethifold had draped itself along Hadrian's back and lap like a demented cloak. He clawed at it, panicking. The creature didn't move, nor did it hurt him. A strange rumbling sound emitted from the large Lethifold. Hadrian stopped trying to pry the creature off, as it wasn't trying to suffocate him. Deciding that it was just one more thing to add to his list of the impossible becoming possible, Hadrian pat the Lethifold, jumping as it purred.

Did it just purr?

Moving stiffly, Hadrian stood, his wand flying back into his hand from where he had dropped it. The Lethifold covered his back and most of his waist. It was soft, surprisingly so. It was also warm, something that he would not have equated with the cousin of the Dementors.

What the fuck is happening. Hadrian thought as he closed his eyes, growling under his breath. He was probably all sorts of insane to let the Lethifold continue draping itself all over him, but he really didn't care at the moment. Ignoring the other Lethifolds now swarming him, vying for his attention like puppies, he stopped and stared in disbelief as the large Lethifold on his back hissed and attacked the other smaller ones. It chased the others off, which was hilarious to watch seeing as they looked like floating blankets or cloaks.