Rain

Click.
Click.
Click.
   Perfectly-trimmed fingernails tapped against a dusty windowsill. Steady rain could be heard from outside of the window, pounding on the roof of the large cabin located in the woods. Trees surrounded the area, now sopping with the clouds' tears.
   He pondered. He thoroughly enjoyed the life that he lived, he really did, but there was always an empty feeling when he was without his lover. Goku Black had always said hat he would take care of the mortals himself, and use Zamasu as a backup, because he did not want his love to get hurt at all costs. Zamasu did help out, more than Black wanted him to, but he always wanted to help. Just as he began to change his train of thought, Black burst in the door, panting.
Goku Black's eyes were filled with rage and hatred, but suddenly, the smile faded, and his face calmed, and his eyes went back to the smoky tone they always were. The hatred in his soul never left, but the hatred in his eyes never stayed.
"Good evening."
"The mortals are gone. Every. Single. Living. Being." He muttered in a husky and pain stricken tone, the rage from the previous battle still wearing off. His impatience was evident in the look in his eyes.
"Excellent."
"Don't just repeat yourself, this is an outstanding accomplishment that took almost an entire year to complete. It took me inhabiting a mortal body, achieving a new form only used by these filthy mortals we slaughter, coming very close to fusion. It took so many sins to create this wonderful world we now stand before."
"I'm glad they're gone. I deeply revere your efforts and mine."
"If you're so glad, than do something."
"What kind of something?" Zamasu said in a husky and mysterious tone.