Chapter Six: Operation Escher

Quick notey note: Okay so  feel like this is a nessesary filler chapter. Thanks for taking time to read it. You're wonderful. :)

                                                                    ~*~*~

Chapter six

J.R flagged down the waitress, and held up his glass expectantly. It had been fifteen minutes and she hadn’t even offered a refill. She rolled her eyes and strolled towards him, blowing a pink bubble and allowing it to pop as soon as she arrived.

“Sorry ‘bout the wait,” she simpered with a hint of sarcasm and yanked the glass from his hand, filling it to the very top with water.

J.R sat it back on his table, but not carefully enough, and ended up with a puddle of water on his lap. “I look like I pissed myself,” he muttered under his breath, annoyed.

Nick chuckled and handed him a napkin, “I hope that bitch isn’t expecting us to tip her.”

J.R snorted and tucked the money he’d planned to give her back in his wallet then leaned over and dropped his voice to a more secretive tone. “So back to the problem at hand…”

Nick nodded, “Okay so Esch is a hard case. But let’s look at it this way, she’s had fifteen years without so much as a hg from the opposite sex. She’s probably starved for love.”

J.R wasn’t so sure. “She acted like she was repulsed by me.”

“So she’s a lesbian,” Nick said with a sigh. “Better kiss the bet goodbye.”

“Nah,” J.R said, “homosexuality is against her morals.”

The two had been going over his dilemma for a while now and they couldn’t seem to find the solution to winning Escher Griffins heart. How could you get a girl to go from the first kiss to the mattress in less than nine months? Especially in a town like the one they lived in. It was next to impossible.

“I still say you go slowly. Work your way up and you’ll earn her trust,” Nick said after a long silence.

It was his best bet. Girls like Escher needed patience. Normally J.R wouldn’t have spent this much time on one girl but these were special circumstances.

He bit into a French fry and crossed his arms, concentrating. What would make Escher like him enough to go on a date with him?

“I’ve got it!” He shouted, throwing a fry at Nick with excitement, and receiving a few concerned glances from some adults nearby. “Phase one of ‘Operation Escher’ has just been developed my friend.”

He leaned even closer to the red head and smiled slyly, keeping his voice low. “I’ll resort to the old study date method. Play it off like I’m having a hard time keeping my grades up after the you know what and she’ll feel awful for me. After a few tears she’ll be ripping her clothes off.”

Nick’s mouth turned up in a grin identical to J.R’s. “You’re going to use a guilt trip? Genius.”

J.R chuckled and wiped his ketchup stained mouth with a confident air. “Simple, yet effective. She’ll be drooling over little Milligan in no time.”

Nick raised his eyebrows and snorted, “You’re right about the little part.”

“Oh fuck you,” J.R sneered and Nick raised his arms up in mock surrender.

“Woah! Watch it Milligan, I hear Father Fowler eats here on Wednesday’s,” Nick warned him, the same playful grin plastered across his face.

“Fuck Father Fowler,” J.R said loudly, smirking at Nick’s concerned expression. Nick shifted in his seat uncomfortably, glancing around. “Geez Milligan,” he said, “Lower your voice.”

J.R shrugged and pretended it was no big deal. He waved at the waitress again and held up the bill, waving it back and forth as if baiting a fish. She took her sweet time approaching the table, hips swinging lazily, and grabbed the money happily. She licked her lips at the cash, eyeing it greedily as the two stood up and started to leave.

J.R noticed her glancing around the table for a tip and he smiled evilly, nudging Nick with his elbow. “Oh you won’t find anything there,” he said, turning towards her. “I don’t tip bitches.”

She glared at him for a moment, and not coming up with anything clever in response, stalked off, flipping her pig tails and keeping a death grip on the money.

Nick grabbed J.R’s arm and dragged him towards the door, face red with shame. “You’re a dickhead,” he whispered violently and J.R laughed in response.

Nick slammed the door of the restaurant behind them and smashed his finger into the unlock button on his car keys, hurrying towards the vehicle as if he was afraid they were going to be caught. He threw himself into the driver’s seat of his Honda and took hold of the wheel fiercely. “Let’s just leave.”

J.R buckled up silently as Nick began to back the car out of the parking lot, aware of the strict seat belt policy the town enforced. Nick did the same, just as they passed a seatbelt sign on the side of the rode. “No way am I getting another ticket this week,” he said as a sheriff drove past, eyeing the car carefully.

J.R started to think of the bet again, unable to shake the doubts from his mind.

“So Nick, should I pull any moves on Escher on the study date?” J.R asked, changing the subject.

 “What kind of moves?” Nick asked slowly, chewing his lip nervously at the thought of J.R trying to kiss Escher Griffin.

“The subtle arm around her shoulder,” J.R told him thoughtfully. “Or a kiss on the cheek,” he added.

“You’ll scare her away,” Nick reminded him, rubbing his temple tiredly. The subject was beginning to wear off on him. “Trust me, she’s not going to do anything on the first date. She probably won’t even consider it a date.”

“If putting my arm around her scares her away, how am I going to get it in by the end of the school year?” J.R cried loudly, throwing his arms up in defeat.

“I don’t know Milligan, you could try roofies.” Nick said finally, heaving a large sigh.

“Not bad,” J.R said seriously. “Plus I won’t have to listen to her whine.”

“Listen man, just play it cool and maybe she’ll surprise you. Girls can be really unpredictable,” Nick told him, turning the dial up on his radio to the Christian station. “Now let’s stop talking about this. You’re going to psyche yourself out.”

He was right, J.R knew it. But he couldn’t stop thinking about Escher Griffith. As much as he wanted to win this bet and forget about her, he couldn’t get the image of her innocent face in the hallway when he’d caught her wobbling to homeroom.

Stop, he told himself and shook the stupid thoughts from his head. No way are you going to pussy out over a chick like her. You’re a stud. He smiled and crossed her arms, cockily. It’d be so easy. He’d ask her to help him with history after school. He’d get emotional over you know what and sneak a little kiss from her. Once she was feeling sorry for him, he’d ask her on another date.

The rest would be history.

Author’s note:

Oh man. So the next chapter will be about him asking Escher to help him study and stuff, but it won’t be cliché, I promise. I have a twist in store and I’m excited about it. };)

If ya’ liked this, be an angel and vote. Or comment. Or fan, if you’re sweet.

Thanks so much to everyone who’s helped me out and vote for this story. I have good plans for it. :)

Oh and I'm uploading a picture of Nick to the side shortly.

-ACertainLady___