Chapter 1: Noah

Dragon Tournament - Chapter 1: Noah

After screaming someone kicked down the door.

"What's wrong Noah? You sick? Someone hurt you? Was it Iain? Want me to kill him?" Jace held a katana in his hands.

I slipped back under my blanket, the black sheet up to my nose. I looked at the door. Damn it, Jace. We just fixed that door. It was completely broken, beyond repair.

"Just a nightmare Jace. Nothing that bad." I replied.

"Oh...." Jace responded with disappointment. "Aenar said that's normal. Side effects of the Mirror Maze and resurrection. You sure you've been taking your meds? That's the 9th time in a row."

"Well.... I sorta, haven't been taking them..." I admitted.

"Noah, You gotta take your meds. Anyways, Today we gotta select the rookies who are going into the dorm."

"That's today?" I rubbed my eyes and got off bed, rubbing my burns on my right wrist. It was only a few weeks ago when I was resurrected from the dead. My aunt killed me and my other aunt brought me back with Amnesia. She forced my friends to fight each other and was killed in front of me. Since then Jace has been skipping class to buy me food, spoonfed, and provide for me since I came back. I could tell he missed me.

"We can reschedule. Or better yet, just not do it. I have no problem with that." Jace tried to convince me. He just wanted to avoid getting another lycan in the dorm.

"No Jace... We're juniors, We gotta get new people to take over for us when we leave ECA." I insisted. After changing and wrapping the bandage around my wrist, I went downstairs. There was a fire in the kitchen. It was the twins turn to cook. Ash used the fire extinguisher.

"Breakfast is served." Ashlee dropped them on the table.

"God, what are you guys trying to cook, Charcoal?" Evans asked, heating up fish in the fireplace.

"I agree, learn how to freaking cook. Aren't girls supposed to cook and clean?" Danny questioned. Ashlee was pissed, a blue flame formed around the stove immediately. She set it him on fire, Danny ran to the bathroom. My half-sis Nikki was staring with curiosity.

"Not even gonna ask. Now why did we have to dress so fancy to today again?"

Airlene sighed. "It's Dorm Placement day. Today is when we see who will be placed in our dorm."

"There's 6 main homes made into dorms on campus. Alpha, the top students dorm, aka us. Beta, that's Intelligence, Spark's dorm. Delta, full of exchange students. Gamma, that's the clan refugees and children of the clan's. Sigma, is students trained in defense. And the new home converted dorm, Epsilon. That's where we have our hybrid kids." I explained.

"Every dorm has 2 students in charge, One Male and Female. For the next 2 years, Noah and Jace." Celina smiled as she microwaved her fish.

After changing for the dorm placement, the twins got upset.

"We don't want to wear these." Ash and Ashlee responded in perfect unison.

"Why not, both of you are Latino aren't you? Plus we're supposed to wear from our culture right?" Jace held in his laughs.

The Twins red highlights were completely shrouded by a Mexican hat, their leather jackets and red shirts covered by Mexican ponchos. The whole group was snickering.

"You do realize that we're half Argentinean and Half Brazilian right?" Ash frowned. He ripped off the poncho and pulled off the hat. He helped his sister Ashlee do the same.

Jace laughed out loud. "I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. The Mexican Twins."

"¿Podemos por favor quemarlo hasta dejarlo crujiente?"

"Todavía no, es muy fácil. Lo conseguiremos más tarde"

"Jace, You gotta take this seriously." I exclaimed.

"Ugh, Fine." Jace slid his hand into his pockets.

One by one we saw the people wanting to join. I read the list of the candidates we were considering. The majority were New Students but some were Juniors and Seniors as well.

Ellie Nero - Vampire

Julie Castle - Eidolon

Kristin Cruadair Elemental (Ice)

Stephen Jokari - Elemental (Illusion)

Rya Adrestia - Siren

Craig Jones - Elemental (Fire)

Eryn Okami - Elemental (Air)

Sanjay Chamberlain - Angel/Elemental (Air)

Jessica Amberton - Elemental (Amperan)

Tommy O'Neil - Elemental (Steel)

Chastity Wallace - Shapeshifter/Elemental (Dark)

Jade Stripe - Elemental (Amperan)

"What the hell is Jade Stripe doing back in ECA, wasn't she expelled a few months ago?" I asked.

"She was but her uncle is in charge of the American Elemental Immigration system, he threatened to stop allowing Americans immigrants to go to school here." Jace responded.

"What's wrong with Jade Stripe?" Nikki asked.

"She's a psycho. It was few months ago, before Lycans were allowed to go to school here. Jade and her partner were sent to the U.K. to deal with the recent Lycan attacks over there. There was this pack, they killed her partner right in front of her. She went mad, she spent a whole month there torturing the only pack to death. When they found her, she was covered in blood and was dragged out. The worst thing about it was that she said that their deaths wasn't satisfying, that they didn't suffer enough." Celina admitted, shuttering.

We brought them all in the dorm for our final test. All of them claimed they were ok with Elementals being integrated with other magic species. It was time to see what they really thought of being integrated.

I bite my lip. "You sure you want to do this Iain, Jade Stripe is-?"

"Noah, it's fine. I've handled dozens of Jade Stripes in the past." Iain spoke as he removed his bandages from his head. It had only been a few weeks since the dragonstone incident that has him temporarily blind. He walked into the main Dorm Lobby. His white eyes turned yellow as he snarled.

Foam escaped his mouth which turned into wolf fangs. He growled and barked at the students in his lycan form. Jade and Jessica ran like hell, Tommy O'Neil was hiding behind Julie Castle.

"Thank you for your time!" Celina yelled.

"Ok..... So for the rest of you. Congrats on making the dorm, You'll now be placed in Advanced classes with us and the Beta Dorm Students. You'll each be placed with a roommate on our recently charmed 3rd floor, we don't get a lot of students in Alpha. we have only one T.V. and only 2 bathrooms. Your trees and room will be changed when you are partnered with a roommate. Your trees represent you and your roommate. That's all, just room wherever you want, we'll assign you later. Oh, and initiation night is tomorrow. Disperse." I shooed them away.

"So how are we gonna haze them this year? Can we please do the Horror movie firework swamp idea? I really want to scare the rookies." Jace pleaded.

"Jace, we're juniors now. That was 2 years ago, Besides, their still getting the guck out of the Quad. No, I have something very special for our victims this year." I laughed evilly.