Chapter 11

Steve's POV

I took her to Sam's. I called Natasha and she said she had talked with Sam. So we came in and took showers. Then I explained all that happened to Sam and Natasha.

Ronnie was no where to be seen. She has not uttered a word since We came. We were all sitting in the dining room as Sam made some breakfast.

"She doesn't talk much huh?" Sam asked looking at the window. I followed his eyes to see Ronnie standing outside with her hands in her hoodie's front pockets, standing still.

"She isn't talking much. I've seen her for the past 12 years and this is the only time she has remained that silent" Nat said. "Her parents" I said remembering what happened.

"That is a very sensitive topic for Ronnie. Unlike others she doesn't have memories of her parents to mourn. She has not even seen them. But she grew up always hearing their names. How they were the best agents on board in SHIELD." Natasha said.

"It was Fury, who took her. He convinced them that though she had powers, she would be a loyal one. He said that she would make them proud. And she did. SHIELD was always proud to have her. But what did it return to her?" She asked. I looked at Ronnie again.

She has to talk it out. It's lot to take in. "Talk to her Steve. You are the only one who can" Nat said. I thought about it for a minute. It's Ronnie here, I have to help her.

I slowly made my way outside. She sensed my presence and sighed. "Thank you for saving me, I owe you" she said. "It's nothing" I said.

"But still I'll put that on a list" I said smiling. She gave me a small smile. I went and stood beside her.

"Are you alright?" I asked her. She didn't answer and she put her head down.

"You promised me you will talk to me" I said. She looked at me and her eyes were glistening with tears. "It's lot to take in Steve......from the moment I was born......I was said that HYDRA killed my parents" a drop fell from her eyes.

"And I've been working for SHIELD from that moment

"And I've been working for SHIELD from that moment. HYDRA inside SHIELD....that's..." She sniffed. I placed a hand on her back.

"They have this Project, and HYDRA is playing a part in it. Steve...each and every weapon, each and every bullet on those three Hellicarriers are designed by me. If they use it...other than planned....thousands of people die...and everything is on me" she said crying.

"Ronnie...." I tried but she didn't stop. She couldn't stop. "I am wondering what would my parents think about me...if they were alive" she said in coarse voice due to crying.

I held her hands and made her turn towards me. "Hey...look at me..." I said. She did with her crying eyes. I wiped her tears.

"They would be proud of you. If they were here, they would be proud of what they're daughter is. That's for sure and no one can change it. Not even HYDRA" I said.